Remove old Clients from file

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Books282
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Remove old Clients from file

Hello does anyone know how i can remove a client from my myob subscription please?

Thank you

Fiona

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,012 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Remove old Clients from file

Hi there @Books282,

We'll be happy to assist, however, we would like to know the following:

• Is it a client's access to your file that you want to remove? If so, is this an online file or a local file?
  • Is it that the client's file is under your account and they'd now like it under their own account (e.g. if you used to do bookkeeping work for them but they've since moved on)? In this case, do they have their own serial number?
Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Books282
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thank you for your help

the files are local, i'm the only user with access and they are using my serial number but i no longer work for them...

I don't know if they have there own serial number ?

Regards

Fiona

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,042 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Fiona ( @Books282 )

If the company file is active under your serial number, which you can check by going to Setup >> Company Details, that particular file can be cancelled against your serial number. This will mark that file as inactive and as a result the file will move into a read-only mode and stop additional information being entered into the file.

Assuming they had their own serial number then they could request a serial number removal, if it is an AccountRight v19 file. This is a paid service, however once done the file will have a new serial number and won’t have anything to with your serial number again. If they are using AccountRight 201X.X then they can change the serial number themselves through the Help >> Change Serial Number feature of the software.

In contrast if they didn’t have their own serial number then they will have to purchase one before being able to put that serial number inside their file. To be able to use the file that you have for them, they will need to purchase an identical product, for example if you have created the file in AccountRight Standard, they will need to purchase at minimum AccountRight Standard to be able to use the file.

Please do let us know if you would like to proceed with the cancellation, and you may want to touch base with them and see if they have their own serial number or not.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post