Forum Discussion

sarahh02
Experienced User
6 years ago
Solved

Payday Filing new and leaving employee details

Hi there,

i have created my first march pay and the payroll has created the "new and leaving employee details" file.  When i go to upload it on the IRD website it comes up with an error message stating that the file should be a CSV not XSLX.  Obviously i haven't chosen the fiel type, and just expected it to load using the IRD file transfer page.  Can you give me a clue?

Thanks Sarah

• Hi Jacqui_M 

As mentioned, we will be releasing MYOB Payroll 2019.1 later this particular month (Month) along with the standard compliance changes update.

In terms of the filing of the New and leaving employees file, my understanding, and I would encourage you to check with the IRD, is that the IRD have advised that it is not a requirement to file that file until April 1st. This is due to the recent changes that were made after most payroll providers had release updates for PayDay filing.

sarahh02 in theory, you are welcome to edit that particular file within Notepad, however, we don't recommend doing that. As mentioned above in this post, it is not a requirement until April 1st.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi sarahh02 

Recently, the IRD changed the file format of that required file. This change was made after the MYOB Payroll build was released and thus that option doesn't allow for the user to file correctly. We will be releasing an update later this month (March 2019) to comply with the changes to the file and also for other compliance changes i.e. PAYE changes. Do look out for that NZ Payroll 2019.1 release.

sarahh02
      Experienced User

Thank you Steven, I will look out for it.  Will there be a way to change the existing file to enable us to upload it to IRD?

Cheers

Sarah

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Jacqui_M 

As mentioned, we will be releasing MYOB Payroll 2019.1 later this particular month (Month) along with the standard compliance changes update.

In terms of the filing of the New and leaving employees file, my understanding, and I would encourage you to check with the IRD, is that the IRD have advised that it is not a requirement to file that file until April 1st. This is due to the recent changes that were made after most payroll providers had release updates for PayDay filing.

sarahh02 in theory, you are welcome to edit that particular file within Notepad, however, we don't recommend doing that. As mentioned above in this post, it is not a requirement until April 1st.

Jacqui_M
      Trusted Cover User

When will 2019.1 be released?  We have clients needing to file their reports now.  Why were we not advised that upgrading to 2018.3 would still not enable payday filing?