Forum Discussion

Meena
Experienced User
5 months ago

Payroll Update - fixes required please.....

I have already posted and listed many issues I have with the new Payroll upgrade, but all I am getting is your standard 'sorry this upgrade is causing incovenience and we appreciate your comments' replies.

The upgrade has taken me longer to do the pays every week and I have just made an error in pay that simply should not happen and would not have happened in Essentials. This time of year is hard for those of us with a 7 day business week  with staff working / not working / different hours / different shifts / extended hours / working on public holidays and not working but entitled to statutory days!!

Please sort the following things that I and many others have already asked and are still asking for:

1 - Public holiday hours worked are entitled to time and a half - this is the law in New Zealand so why isn't the 'pay time and a half box' already ticked, its weird to not have this box ticked because you have the 'Accrue Alternate Day" ticked, yet this only applies if it is a normal working day...

I missed ticking the box on one staff members pay and have short paid them about $100.00 for last week. Luckliy I have amazing staff who understand that mistakes happen however it doesn't look professional and I am gutted to have made that error!

2 - Please bring back the original 'holiday' box data entry screen or something very similar - when you clicked on this box it bought up holidays, alternate days owing and sick days all in one box - easy to see, read and enter - now I have to drill into each one to see what is owing to each staff member - fantastic over Christmas and New Years when staff are taking holidays .... It used to be so easy to use and to enter holidays, sick days, public holidays worked etc.

3 - Please bring back the 'preview payslip' option - this was such a handy double check as it was in alphabetical order and you could see if you had paid staff correctly - including paying time and a half and loading lieu days!

4 - The 'pay run summary' report just a waste of time, it isn't even aphabetical, I'm not even sure of the sorting process and I'm not sure why you would even provide a report that isn't alphabetical or at least have the option for different sorting??

It also doesn't show if you have paid staff out correctly as it doesn't show dollar amount in public holidays etc, the only way to see if you have actually paid time and a half is to follow that line across to the total and divide the total amount by the hours worked, that is not practical and nor do I have the time to do this for every employee.

Please sort these as I really enjoyed using Essentials - it worked perfectly for us and many others. I understand you wanting to integrate with your Business model however surely the feedback being provided to you is showing that the upgrade is just not working for all of us....

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi meena,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We genuinely appreciate your feedback, and we're sorry to hear that your experience with the upgrade didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we've been diligently working behind the scenes to enhance our services, and we sincerely hope you'll consider staying with us to witness the improvements. We remember how well Essentials suited your business, and rest assured, any changes we implement are always guided by our clients' feedback and needs. Your satisfaction is our priority.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you,
    Regards,
    Earl