Partner
Vanuatu
tropaccs
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Myob v 17

A Client loses transactions, even after they have been included in the Bank Rec. which includes these transactions. The transactions no longer appear in the Transaction Journal, nor the G.L. Account, yet she provides me with Bank Rec. Printouts to prove they were there. It is not a date problem, so can anyone advise what's happening?

Many thanks,

Roger

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,119 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2119Posts

827Kudos

266Solutions

Re: Myob v 17

Hi @tropaccs

In version 17 - you can run a verify and optimise - from the File menu. This would be the first step. Is the file run across a network? Is there more than one data file??

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Partner tropaccs
3 Posts
Partner
Vanuatu
tropaccs
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, Jennie:

Many thanks for your assistance. Yes, we've run optimise and also verification, but the computer is "stand-alone", so I can't work out why the lass loses transactions??? As stated before, she has completed her Bank Rec. including these transactions, and has printouts from the Bank Rec to show that they had been posted and reconciled, but somehow, the transactions disappear out of the system - not in Transaction Journal, nor in the G.L. Account

Ta,

Roger

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,119 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2119Posts

827Kudos

266Solutions

Hi @tropaccs Roger,

Then I would be looking to ensure there is only 1 data file - MYOB does not just lose transactions.

Check how she opens MYOB each time and that it is going to the same location. If possible shortcut an MYOB icon on her desktop to go direct to the data file.

eg: if the data file is called ABCLtd and sits in the C:\Accounting17 folder.

Then right click the myob icon on the desktop and choose properties - the following should be in the target path.

c:\Accounting17\myob.exe "C:\Accounting17\ABCLtd.myo"

The Start in line should say C:\Accounting17

Have you tried a re-install of the programme? - this will do a repair of the install.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Partner tropaccs
3 Posts
Partner
Vanuatu
tropaccs
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, Jennie:

Again, many thanks for your effort. I agree that transactions don't get lost in M.Y.O.B., I've used it for years and never had this happen. We have run virus checks, on two different computers, and it comes up clean.

I will try your suggestion of the shortcut to file, and also re-install. I think the reinstall may eliminate the problem.

Please, watch this space!! (Hope your weekend is going well!)

Roger

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,045 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4045Posts

2841Kudos

631Solutions

@tropaccs @jenniek

Jennie's post reminded me that there was another post to the forum where the operator was opening the file by using restore. They would then find their last back up and restore that file. Clumsy, but all well and good if they were religious about backing up and that they never had a situation where the computer shut down before they did their backup.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post