Get paid faster with PayDirect Online

MYOB Staff Post Erik_V
25 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Spend less time chasing payments and more time growing your business by giving your customers an easier way to pay.

PayDirect Online makes collecting your invoice payments a breeze by allowing your customers to pay straight from their online invoice using Visa or MasterCard.

To start using PayDirect Online, head to the Payment options tab on the Invoice and quote settings page, and click Set up online payment options.

set up online payment options.png

You’ll instantly be taken to the PayDirect Online Merchant Portal - your one-stop-shop for setting up, editing and deactivating your PayDirect Online payment options. Simply click Start collecting payments to get sign up!

merchant portal.png

Once you’re setup and verified to use PayDirect Online, a green Pay now button will appear at the top of your emailed online invoices.

pay now.png

From any device, your customers can click the button, enter their payment information, and pay the money straight into your bank account. It’s that easy!

Still want to send a PDF copy of your invoice? Don’t worry, you can toggle PayDirect Online on or off for each invoice.

checkbox.png

PayDirect Online not only helps you get paid faster, but also lessens the amount of bookkeeping that’s required to record and reconcile your payments.

Full integration with online invoicing and MYOB Essentials accounting means that your bank accounts are automatically updated with online payments, and your paid invoices closed off - so you can spend less time balancing your books, and more time growing your business.

13 Comments
Contributing Cover User Marc-H
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

2.2% of the individual invoice value for this service, you have to be taking the **bleep** ?

That seems excessive and could quickly balloon out of control if several large invoices a month were paid in this fashion.

The hidden joys of running a small business, everyone has their hands in your pocket  clipping the ticket, citylink, bank charges, accountants, ATO, credit card fees, insurance.

Cozikan
5 Posts
Cover User

Yes, I agree, fee is excessive - this is a small business program for small businesses.  Simply not worth it.

RainbowAir
2 Posts
Cover User

Didn't I read an article from MYOB about price gouging on credit card fees? Seems the rules don't apply to you. 

Experienced Cover User KristinS
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So glad that I am not alone in feeling that the price is excessive.  I don't know if that is MYOB cashing the check or if the credit card companies are hitting them up.  Either way, I don't have enough issues with customers paying poorly that I am ready to start giving away money.

MYOB Staff Post Erik_V
25 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback around PayDirect Online. Merchant fees for accepting credit card payments on online invoices are always a little higher than when you take a payment in person via a machine. The fees for PayDirect Online are in fact a little less than other payment options such as PayPal for online and invoice payments.

Being able to take credit card payments is a huge advantage to getting paid faster, which means less money tied up with customers and better cashflow to you.

You are able to continue invoicing customers and tracking the invoicing without applying for PayDirect Online, or if you do apply, you can always turn the ability to take a credit card payments on and off for future invoices you send.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Erik

Ultimate Partner David_Cree
951 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Eric @Erik_V

you said - 

Once you’re setup and verified to use PayDirect Online, a green Pay now button will appear at the top of your emailed online invoices.

pay now.png

I have setup my pay online but my customers do not see the Green Pay Now button.

can you help?

Capture2.JPG

Cheers

David

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi David ( @David_Cree )

For that particular invoice, have you ticked the payment options button highlighted in the screenshot. If you haven’t then your clients wont be able to pay the invoice online. Its also worth pointing out that after you have signed up then the tick box is ticked automatically for newly created invoices, however previously created invoices aren’t automatically changed after you sign up to the PayDirect Online service.

If you have created an invoice previously, then the FAQ section of our help article, Online payments, does explain how to reissue the invoice to enable the pay online feature on a previously issued invoice.

Hopefully this helps

Regards

Neil

nikka42
1 Post
Cover User

When will online payment be available for MYOB Essentials?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @nikka42

The PayDirect service in MYOB Essentials is available now for you to sign up and start taking payments. Our help article, Set up PayDirect Online, does give a really simple set of instructions on how to sign up for the service.

After you have done the initial signup you need to verify the bank account, which can take a couple of days. A 1c transaction is deposited into the bank account you specified. This transaction will have a 6-digit code in the transaction details, which you will need to enter into the Merchant Portal.

Hopefully this helps clarify when the PayDirect service will be available for MYOB Essentials. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post further questions.

Experienced Partner HK78
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi, I have set up this feature, but it does not show the pay now button. Yes, I've checked to make sure the invoice is ticked, I'm only trialing it on new invoices I've created and also I have verified the account etc. If anyone knows why it's still not showing, please share. thanks

Also, given your fees are around 0.4% higher than market, can you please hurry along your feature to get customer to pay the fees, probably should have been included when you released this feature, and will probably help your customer's take up of the feature.

Aaron76
1 Post
Cover User

I would use this feature in a heartbeat if it could automatically add the 2.2% to the invoice.

mrsbegg
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi there ... is PayDirect available to New Zealand customers?  Nicole

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator

HI Nicole ( @mrsbegg )

Currently the PayDirect Online service is only available to our Australian clients, however this is something that our team are currently working on how we can bring this to our New Zealand clients. At this stage however we do not have an exact timeframe on when this may become available

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.