Forum Discussion

PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
6 months ago

Data protection is our top priority

Data protection is our top priority 

At MYOB, we protect your data using industry-leading practices and technologies.  

Visit MYOB Security to learn more about the steps we take to ensure your data is secure and discover what to do if you receive a suspicious email or notice unexpected activity on your MYOB file. 

Learn more 

AU https://www.myob.com/au/support/security  

NZ https://www.myob.com/nz/support/security 

6 Replies

H-TS
    Trusted User

If Data Protection really is your top priority, you'd allow us to turn off the option for our customers to 'link to myob' if they are also MYOB customers. You're giving our customers information we don't want them to see but need internally for our records.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi H-TS,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the delayed response. I recommend submitting your suggestion on our Product Ideas page. Our developers may review it to consider its potential addition in the future.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
      Regards,
      Earl

H-TS
        Trusted User

Earl_HD 

Thanks for the acknowledgement of my comment. I've suggested it at least three times since 2020. Noone cares. My posts keep getting marked as solved/closed by forum moderators. I'm not going to bother again. 

In March 2021 I was told: "There is no update on this, since some teams have moved around since the Card for this now lives in a shared backlog amongst multiple teams to pick up now." I guess noone picked it up.

We're looking at alternative products anyway so I'll let it go.

saintjohnny
    Contributing User

Seriously, are you people goddammed joking!!!

"You should never share any confidential information, such as your account information and/or your or your employees' personal details."  YOUR BLOODY WORDS INDEED!!!

I and many others have complained about erronous invoices appearing before our clients with totally different and confidential details on them, including false payment details. This has been going on since at least June 2022. I have sent you copies of the original invoices and the received ones last year and have heard absolutely nothing from MYOB about resolution other than a complaint number forwarded to you by the seemingly AI person called "Doreen".

Next stop will be the Australian Information Commissoner. You have no right to allow other people's private details and possibly fraudulent banking details to be sent to my clients.

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi saintjohnny

Thank you for reaching out, and I appreciate your understanding regarding the delayed response.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to your clients. As per further checking your concern has been passed already to the relevant team and they are carefully working on it. Meanwhile, we recommend you will need to re-send the invoices so that the recipient will receive the correct information by this time. This is already a known issue and we're doing our best to work on it carefully as this includes personal details of our customers. Rest assured that will keep you updated once there is progress on your issue. Your patience is highly appreciated in this matter.  

Please feel free to post again if you have any queries. We’re delighted to assist you.

Kind regards,

Shella