Forum Discussion

danr
Experienced Partner
10 months ago

MYOB inertia sales tactics in breach of LAW?

I have made several attempts to cancel my two business' subscriptions of Accountright and Payroll since January 2023 and are still receiving monthly invoices.

My attempts included:

1) Going online and cancelling online. Unfortunately it seems the website was somewhat broken and after I cancelled, I had no more access to see the status of my subscription.

2) Calling on the phone. This however was rather unsuccessful. Firstly we were holding for 4 hours with no answer. We requested a callback. After we got a call through, the person on the phone promised to sort everything, but nothing changed. It seem all he did was sort it for MYOB so the payments could continue!

3) Lodged more than one helpdesk support request to cancel our subscriptions, which was ignored. The feedback was that they investigated and that the bills was correct! They simply did not accept the fact that I wanted to cancel.

4) We then cancelled our banks authority to pay the Direct Debits, but MYOB is still attempting to make Direct Debits.

I consider attempts to take money from my account illegal after I gave notice of revoking the authority to take Direct Debits. Unless this is resolved promptly, I will be foreced to lodge a complaint with the commerce comission and get my lawyer involved.

Before I take further legal action, is there any real human with authority to make decisions left at MYOB who can look into the case and resolve the issue?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi danr 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention about the support experience.

Firstly, apologies to learn that you were on hold with our customer service 4 hours and understand how frustrating this must have been for you. We value our customers' time, and this should not have happened. Appreciate your patience on this issue and will relay your feedback to the appropriate teams.

Secondly, I have looked into the issue, and would like to inform that we have resolved this.

The resolution details are sent via private message, kindly refer to it and if any questions please do reach out.

Regards

Priya Selvaraj