Partner Zone

Bank feeds not appearing in prepare bank deposit window

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AJGRANT
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Bank feeds not appearing in prepare bank deposit window

I have recently received payments for 2 invoices and entered the payments into Group with Undeposited funds. They are showing in this window.

I now want to Prepare a Bank deposit. 

I have selected the Cheque account as the deposit to account field  in the Prepare Bank deposit window, but the transactions are not there to select.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Lauren

7 REPLIES 7
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner
1,175 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

1,175Posts

306Kudos

254Solutions

Re: Bank feeds not appearing in prepare bank deposit window

Hi @AJGRANT

Check what date you entered them into undeposited funds and then in your bank deposit window, the date to enter into your bank account will need to be the same date or later than the date you recorded the deposits, otherwise they won't show.

AJGRANT
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Bank feeds not appearing in prepare bank deposit window

Thank you, I have tried every date since the first transaction was grouped with undeposited funds and no luck
AJGRANT
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Bank feeds - not appearing in prepare bank deposit window

I have restarted MYOB and the transactions have appeared in the bank deposit window ... now that process is complete. YAY

I have approved the transactions/ refreshed the window and have a nil balance BUT the deposits are still on the Bank statement column. I have also reconciled the account. I have been hiding the deposits for the past 3 weeks but that doesn't seem right.

Any suggestions please?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Hi @AJGRANT

I sounds like you are following the correct process i.e. you have grouped your transactions with undeposited funds, ticked them off and processed these through to the bank account. So good work in that regards.

You mentioned "BUT the deposits are still on the Bank statement column." are you able to expand on what you mean by the Bank Statement column? i.e. are you referring the Banking>>Prepare Bank Deposit window or the Banking>>Bank Register for that undeposited funds account or the Reports>>Banking>>Undeposit Funds report or something else?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AJGRANT
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

HI Steven, in the Bank Feeds window there are 2 columns - Bank statement and Your transactions, some transactions are staying in the bank statement column when the transactions have been balanced and refreshed so I have hidden them.
AJGRANT
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

I think I have it sorted -  Do not reconcile the bank before refreshing the bank feeds window to a nil balance, is that correct?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Hi @AJGRANT

You are correct, the Bank Feeds window has two sets of transactions. There is the "Bank Statement" set of transactions, this is the column on the left and these are your bank feed transactions. On the right is "Your Transactions" these are the transactions in AccountRight..

The goal with bank feeds is to basically match a transaction in AccountRight with a bank feed. In other words make sure all the transactions in the "Bank Statement" column has an transaction listed on the "Your Transactions" column. There a few reasons why you wouldn't have a transaction listed on the "Your Transactions" column:

• You haven't entered that transaction into AccountRight and need to do so
  • You haven't found a valid match for that bank feed transaction and need to find one
  • Or the transaction you have matched to is already reconciled.

The last one sounds like what you were experiencing as have reconciled the account already. As bank feeds is a tool designed to help you reconcile your accounts by already reconciling the account you have preempted the feed. This means you are unable to find the required transaction to match the feed to as you have already reconciled the transaction. Just hiding the bank feed transaction is the best way going forward from there. For more information into bank feeds please see Help Article: Banking

You mentioned that you think you have it sorted, judging by the information you have provided it does sound like you have. If you do have any further enquires don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post