Partner Zone

Bug or change with the way the bank reconciliation works version 2014.4 and 2015.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

948Kudos

234Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bug or change with the way the bank reconciliation works version 2014.4 and 2015.1

Until recently you were able to reconcile back to a previous date to correct a transaction in the correct month and reconcile to the current date again.  Why has this option been removed/changed from how it use to work or is this a bug?

For example my client coded the below transaction dated 21/01/2015 incorrectly.  I deleted the transaction and reentered it correctly,  

I want to go back and reconcile the transaction in the correct month so I put the date back to 31/01/2015 and reconcile.    This part is  successful and the transaction will be in the correct month if you re-print the bank reconcilation report.

Bank Rec Error prior month.jpg

Now I go back and put in the current months date i.e. 28/02/2015 (There is nothing to tick in the current month as nothing has changed).    I click on reconcile but MYOB will NOT reconcile back to 28/02/2015.  The date stays as at 31/01/2015 so now it is incorrect!.   Why can't I reconcile it back to the current date like we used to be able too?

Current date.jpg

Can we have this fixed please to how it use to work correctly.   Now I have to resort to undo bank reconciliation which is not idealSmiley Sad.

Regards

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Re: Bug or change with the way the bank reconciliation works version 2014.4 and 2015.1

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Within AccountRight 201x currently if you go back to an older reconciliation date to reconcile a transaction, change the bank statement date to be current  and tick no transactions then reconcile it will not change the date. This is something that we have previously passed on to the program developers to investigate and correct with a future release as it has been a change from previous versions.

As a workaround if you do desperately need to update that Last Reconcile date to be current, I would suggest entering a transaction that affects the bank account and then reverse it. Once you have recorded those transactions, ticked BOTH those transactions* along with entering the correct reconcile date then reconcile. As transactions are being included in the reconciliation it will update the last reconcile date to the entered one.

*Please make sure that you select BOTH the transaction and its reversal. This is because it will have no impact on the bank balance as the withdrawal and deposit will cancel each other out.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

948Kudos

234Solutions

Re: Bug or change with the way the bank reconciliation works version 2014.4 and 2015.1

Hi 

Thanks for the response.  I understand the work around and yet in some cases it is best to delete the invoices especially if we are doing a mass overhaul on transactions that are completely incorrect for months on end.   I hope this is fixed before the EOFY as this is when consultants will be wanting this to work.

Regards

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Thank you for your feedback, I have shared it with the team.

As mentioned above we currently don't have a timeframe for when this will be updated.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CloudMindAcc

I thought I would let you know that AccountRight 2015.3.1 is available. This has been corrected in that version, so when you do a reconciliation and no transactions are ticked the last reconciled date will change.

For more information into getting obtaining that update and what other features are included please see AccountRight 2015.3.1 now available

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post