Partner Zone

Calculated Statement Balance in bank reconciliation showing some figures

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SSubrat
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Calculated Statement Balance in bank reconciliation showing some figures

Hi,

I am facing an issue on bank reconciliation, where my calculated statement balance is always shown as $42.15 plus even I do not try to do any reconciliation. We have not done any reconciliation before. Can someone help to solve/delete this balance? I have attached the screen shot of the issue herewith.

Thank you

Subrat Shakya

3 REPLIES 3
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner
1,175 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

1,175Posts

306Kudos

254Solutions

Re: Calculated Statement Balance in bank reconciliation showing some figures

Hi @SSubrat

Could you please put in a statement date (i.e. today's date) and see if any entries appear in the reconciliation screen. It won't show anything if no date is entered.

SSubrat
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Dee-Workman,

I have already tried that and the closing balance in my bank account and the balance shown in Calculated Statement Balance differs by same amount. 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,684 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,684Posts

6,148Kudos

6,680Solutions

Hi @SSubrat

The calculate statement balance is made up of all the previously reconciled transactions, any transactions that have been marked as cleared and also the opening balance of the account.

As the account appears to have not been reconciled (i.e. there is no Last Reconcile Date) then it is not going to be including any previously reconciled transactions. You also mentioned that when you enter in the required date that no transactions are ticked. As none are ticked this would imply that no transactions have been marked as cleared that would impact on the calculated statement balance. Which does leave the opening balance of the account.

I would make sure that you don't have an opening balance entered in Setup>>Balances>>Account opening balance for that particular account. I would also check Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>Select the required account and make sure that no opening balance has been entered into that window.

If you are still not able to find that amount are you able to go to File>>Verify Company File and then File>>Optimise Company File. This is going to check to make sure that there are no errors within the company file. Do let us know if you are getting an error messages appearing during the process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post