Partner Zone

making ajustments when the bank account has been reconcile

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
berenice
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

making ajustments when the bank account has been reconcile

Hi  I am doing the books for a small charity.  The external accountant has asked me to adjust the term deposit by going into spend money and using a date eg 2/2/2014  which has already been reconciled eg 31/3/2014

If I do that will it throw out my bank reconciliation.  I have reconcile up to 31/3/2015

kindly  berenice

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,634 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,634Posts

6,144Kudos

6,671Solutions

Re: making ajustments when the bank account has been reconcile

Hi @berenice

Normally to reconcile an account the calculated balance would need to match the closing balance (which comes from the bank statement). The calculated balance is made up of the previously reconciled transactions and transactions you are currently reconciling. So I would be asking myself how was that account reconciled to begin with? If no transaction was entered the calculated balance would be missing that transactional amount and not balance therefore the account would not be able to be reconciled.

As you have reconciled the account I would assume you have entered a transaction that has impacted on the balance of that account so it has allowed you to reconcile the account. Personally I would be looking into the transactions for that account (via the Banking>>Bank register window) to see what transaction has been entered for that account to be reconciled in the first place.

Once that transaction has been found you can look at  unreconciling the account, deleting the unwanted transaction via the Edit>>Delete Transaction option. When that transaction has been deleted you would reneter the correct transaction and then re-reconcile the account.

For more information into undoing a bank reconciling please see Help Article: Reconciliation Problems

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post