Combine G/L Accounts - linked to Job History Record

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner AccountsCombine
1 Post
Partner
Australia

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Combine G/L Accounts - linked to Job History Record

MYOB AccountRight allows to 'combine accounts' however it is now ineffective due to the constraint "account associated with a job'.  The 'combine accounts' feature did not previously have this restriction and allowed all transactions from the 'secondary account' to flow across to the 'primary account' with associated supplementary details, eg Job record.

Combine Accounts feature should not be restricted due to a Job record (this is supplementary info to the accounting record).

A proper Combine Accounts feature (ie, without Job record restriction) allows for a  easier way to 'Re-structure a General Ledger Chart of Accounts - due to a business/process change that has occurred over time' and will not impact accounting data integrity.

13 REPLIES 13
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,012Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Combine G/L Accounts - linked to Job History Record

Hi @AccountsCombine

I do know of this issue and this is an issue in the new software as the Classic v19 release did allow this. I have tagged this post with the developers and requested them to re-prioritise this issue to be fixed.

At this stage I cannot give an ETA on resolution though when I hear a response from the team, I shall update this thread.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
RealAssist
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I am attempting to combine accounts and continue to get this error.

Unfortunately we are talking years and years of transactions and there is no possible way that we can go in and change or delete every single job code.  This would involve going into thousands of transactions.

Is there a way around this?

Why were we able to combine without issue on previous versions of MYOB, but your UPDATED version continues to give this error?

When will this be rectified so that we can combine accounts?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @RealAssist

As @Haydes mentions, this has been raised with our developers to find a resolution to this particular error. Currently however we don’t have a timeframe of when this will be resolved, however as Hayden mentions any updates will be shared

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User PGads
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Is there any update on this situation? It is extremely frustrating and restricting because the only work around I can determine is to manually journal the total out of the secondary account to the primary account and then mark the secondary account inactive however that impacts reporting because you are then unable to generate a detailed GL report if looking for specific transactions.

I would like to suggest that it should be high on the development priority list.

Contributing Cover User Lea_A
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is there any work around for this issue please?  

As mentioned by others, its not feasible to edit every single transaction to move them to another account - so the combine accounts function is basically useless.

Removing the job code from the transations does not help; it still will not combine the accounts. 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,080Posts

4,262Kudos

0Solutions

HI @Lea_A

At this stage, we do have a time frame for this situation will be resolved and accounts with job history can be combined. However, as mentioned, it is something that we have passed onto the team for closer investigate.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User EmilyC
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, just wondering if there is any update on this issue? It's frustrating that i can't change the a Detail Account to Header Account. 

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,012Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @EmilyC

Currently there is not update on this issue, though as you have replied when I update this thread you should be notified of any updates.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
CaseyWoz
8 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

just wondering if this issue has been resolved or an ETA on the change. I just did an update of accountright to 2019.1 and still having the issue.

thank you for your asisstance and update on this issue.

Regards

Casey

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post