Issues Printing to PDF since Windows 10 upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
round42
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Issues Printing to PDF since Windows 10 upgrade

Thanks Dizz. That's pretty much what I get too.

Liam, this is REALLY easy for you to test/reproduce. Just download PDFCreator from sourceforge for free and print to that.

I'm surprised more people aren't making a complaint. Maybe printing to PDF is rarer than I think, or perhaps Windows 10 just isn't out there much yet?

Anyway, please remember that as well as the resolution issue that you can create a form from scratch and the fields just won't all align. Refer my previous screen captures.

Hope you and the developers can replicate and find a fix quickly - it's holding us up from upgrading.
billg
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Have given up using the Print button now & just use the Send To ... Disk, which seems to work OK.

round42
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yeah, we're all still having the issue. Poor code.

We're testing Xero now and likely to move.

I've had a support call open since 7 December, and it took a week to get escalated to be investigated by the developers. Have not had a response since and no one from MYOB support will respond to my follow up emails asking for an update. Quite disappointed after being a customer for 10 years.
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,223 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,223Posts

5,711Kudos

6,300Solutions

Hi @round42

Thank you for your feedback in regards to testing this enquiry.

The reason @Liam_M was referring to getting a copy of what was happening so we have a clear understanding what is occurring on your system. This way we can testing within our systems to see if we can get replicated results.

In terms of the PDF quantity, it is something that we can push through to the program development team to investigate for future updates to the program. However due to the fact that the document is printing (be it to a PDF printer) and AccountRight is producing a high quantity format through the official Send to Disk option it may receive a low priority. While we do agree it is important for invoices to be formatted and correctly display, having it set as a low priority means that it is something that we will looking in the future but not immediate actively investigating going forward. 

However that being said using the Send to>>Disk option would be the recommend option in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

At-work-now
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I thought it was something I had done in the windows 10 upgrade but not at all - this is EXACTLY the issue I'm having - the issues with your PDF is what I'm having - I truly hope this is fixed soon... because it truly is a total nuisance having to print, scan then email all manually - c'mon MYOB get it sorted please

At-work-now
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

thank you for this work around - I updated to windows 10 yesterday and have been trying to figure out a way to continue printing to PDF from MYOB after getting skewed PDF's - this is a perfect solution.
At-work-now
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I thought that printing to PDF using the 'send to - disk' option would solve my problem with printing to PDF issue in windows 10 ... well, kind of it does... but... I can't choose the form I wish to print to doing it that way.

I then discovered that it might work using the microsoft print to PDF option - all the data is on the invoice but the layout lines can be seen in the print - I guess this is the best possible way if I want to change the form it is printing - aaarrrrrggggghhhhh - once upon a time this process was simple but it's definitely not simple anymore MYOB :-(

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post