MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Pay From account not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments Window

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
WylieMC
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
WylieMC
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay From account not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments Window

We are using MYOB AccountRight.  I am trying to prepare a batch file for electronic payments to match off against a bank feed.  The 'Pay From Account' dropdown contains all our bank accounts and credit cards except for our main transaction bank GL account.  I have not been able to find any difference on the setup between this and our other accounts.  This main bank account has bank feeds, bank recs etc setup and working fine.  It is also our default account for paying and receiving funds when settling supplier and receipting debtor payments respectively. Any advice would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,847 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9847Posts

1074Kudos

1382Solutions

Re: Pay From account not appearing in Prepare Electronic Payments Window

Hi @WylieMC

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Are you able to go to Setup >> Linked Accounts >> Accounts and Banking Accounts and see what is setup as the linked account for Electronic Payments.

Whichever account is setup as the linked account for Electronic Payments, is unable to be selected as the Pay From Account.  If you needed to have a specific account able to be selected as the pay from account, then it cannot be setup as the linked account for electronic payments.

Generally speaking, the commonly used account for the linked account for electronic payments is an electronic clearing account. If you aren’t sure which account to use then I recommend speaking to your accountant.

Please do let us know how you get on with this,

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

WylieMC
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
WylieMC
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Thanks Neil

Thanks for your assistance - the accounting side of things is ok its the MYOB setup/flow i am not familiar with. Basically what I was trying to achieve is to aggregate individual payments into a batch so that I can match it off from the bank feed as per http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Electronic+payments (rather than hiding the batch transaction from the bank feed as I do now) . The banking file will not be transmitted to the bank as we load payments manually into their online system.

Now that i understand the flow MYOB expects I have played with the settings and will be able to achieve the outcomes i need moving forward (and time permitting it appears i can correct historical as well).

thanks again

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,847 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9847Posts

1074Kudos

1382Solutions

HI @WylieMC

Great to see you have been following our help articles and using them to your advantage. The electronic payments and bank deposit options are a great way to amalgamate payments and deposits so that they will match up to your bank feeds and save you hiding them.

One side note that you may encounter when preparing the electronic payments is that AccountRight will require the banking details for the account, including a direct entry user ID and code. These are normally provided by your bank when you sign up for that facility. If you don’t have this facility or these details then the Clearwater sample company does have a set of dummy details recorded inside it.

You can find the Clearwater sample files by going to Open a Company File >> Samples >> Au >> 201X.X. The files aren’t password protected, so when you open one of them just click ok ok when prompted for the login details and you will be able to get into the file

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post