c6581
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Price Increase

I was so disappointed to see that with everyting going on in the world and so many companies doing it tough that MYOB decided on a price increase this year! I cannot believe it, poor timing MYOB very disappointing. We are all making sacrifices.

13 REPLIES 13
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,775 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,775Posts

541Kudos

869Solutions

Re: Price Increase

Hi @c6581 

Sorry to hear you feel that way. We regularly reassess our pricing structure and constantly look at providing additional value to the customers by introducing new features and services. In the past 12 months, we have delivered a variety of updates across our products, including e-invoicing, automatic updates, AccountRight Browser, and employee management through MYOB Teams.

Businesses that have been significantly impacted by COVID and/or other financial hardship may be eligible for the MYOB financial hardship policy - https://www.myob.com/.../myob.../financial-hardship-policy
In saying that, if you do wish to discuss the latest pricing of our products we do recommend contacting our phone-based teams on 1300 793 130.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DanielLLG
Trusted Cover User
79 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

79Posts

45Kudos

2Solutions

Move to Xero 

I have their plans start from $13 for starter to $67 for premium package,

wish I did it sooner,

@c6581 wrote:

I was so disappointed to see that with everyting going on in the world and so many companies doing it tough that MYOB decided on a price increase this year! I cannot believe it, poor timing MYOB very disappointing. We are all making sacrifices.

TraceyD3110
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

AGREE - Accountright Plus to go up $120 per month - that is crazy!!!!! After 25+ years of using myob, I'll be looking at other option when our subscriptions renew. MYOB can not compete with other online accounting software. 

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
164 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

164Posts

90Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I wish to address this text, quoted from the email I received last week from MYOB:

"At MYOB we are committed to continually investing in improving your software experience and unlocking new business management solutions to help you run and grow your business. 

As we deliver this value, we reassess our subscription pricing to reflect this, and from 1 September, 2021 we will be increasing prices. 

MYOB AccountRight Plus will increase to $120 per month*

Value in AccountRight Plus:

• Decrease time spent managing employees with the MYOB Team app 
  • Run your business from anywhere, any time within the browser
  • Collaborate online with your accountant, advisor and colleagues. "

Firstly, this is an increase of more than 10%. 

Secondly, what improvements to the software? I have, several times in the past, pointed out basic functions that have not worked correctly since version 2011.1. And still most have not been fixed... after 10 years!

Thirdly, I simply do not want to pay more and more each year for these new features that add absolutely no value to my business.

We have been using MYOB software since 1993. The orginal software, now called "Classic", had a few shortcomings but was great value for money. The focus of MYOB back then was maintaining and improving an already solid accounting software package. In the last 10 years or so I have noticed a shift towards the introduction of fancy "bells and whistles", almost none of which I have a use for. AccountRight 2011.1 was a pig. Some of its flaws have been fixed, but mostly, underneath all the lipstick that has been applied, it's still a pig. 

I will obviously have to pay the new monthly subscription because, essentially, I have no real choice.

Ray Jordan
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,234 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,234Posts

377Kudos

15Solutions

Hi @Komal_S 

Fix the bugs and provide a reliable service for ALL the live services before introducing price increases.
I am still waiting 4+ years for bugs to be fixed that have been introduced into recent  releases.

Our subscription is now ONLY for the live services and there are still many bugs and issues.
Why should I be paying for BUGS and not features.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,775 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,775Posts

541Kudos

869Solutions

Hi @RayJordan 

Addressing your comments around updates since 2011, there have been some significant updates to the product within the last 10 or years. In addition to the ones listed in the email you have received, below are a few other recent additions:

• Pay super directly from the software
  • Online BAS lodgement
  • Online invoicing and payments, including invoice reminders
  • Payroll reporting (Single Touch Payroll)
  • Option to add additional columns to registers

Having said that, if you would like to provide additional feedback on the latest pricing changes we do recommend contacting our Accounts and Billing team on 1300 793 130.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
164 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

164Posts

90Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Komal_S,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately you have completely missed the point of my comments. I acknowledged that a number of new features have been added. Great for some peole I guess. But I clearly stateld that I am unhappy with MYOB's failure to address some fundamental issues with the software. I have raised these issues numerous times in the past in this forum. For your reference, here is a short version of the list:

1. Can't turn off the dollar signs (ticking or unticking the box in Preferences makes no difference)
  2. Item Card “Last Purchase Price” and Items List “Last Cost” both show Including Tax. This number is completely irrelevant and even misleading to many businesses. There is no toggle or switch to change these figures to show Excluding Tax.
    1. When generating a Purchase Order from the Stock Alert tab of the To Do List, not all the items from the selected Supplier will appear on the resulting PO.

The missing lines all have one thing in common. They have zero in the "Minimum Level for Restocking Alert" field on the Item card. But they are in the Stock Alert tab because we have customer Orders for those items already entered. These items need to be ordered too, but AR is not doing that.

1. Purchase Orders generated from the To Do List order the items in some seemingly random sequence. They are not in alphabetical order, nor are they in part number order.

AR 19.15 generates based on alphabetical Item Description. Whilst this was never ideal, at least it was predictable.

The items on a PO cannot be re-ordered in any way to make it easier to read.

1. The Autobuild Report for Items uses Average Cost as the cost basis. This means that if there is currently zero quantity of an Item in Inventory, then the Average Cost will also be zero.

On the Autobuild Report, the notation “NA” appears as the Average Cost of an Item with zero quantity in stock. The column total of the Item being Autobuilt is also “NA” in this case. The user then must manually calculate the total cost of the Autobuilt Item, substituting Last Cost for Average Cost (NA) where there is a zero quantity.

AR Classic versions correctly show zero On Hand of a component and use Last Purchase Price in the column labelled Average Cost. This then provides a total that will contain a number rather than “NA”.

1. The Sale Comment field on a new Sale auto-fills from the previous Sale that was open. The user must first actually notice that this has happened, and then manually delete it if it is not required. This did not happen in AR Classic versions.

We have now removed all Sale Comments from customer Cards.

1. When emailing or printing an Invoice directly from the Sale/Invoice, the correct customised form (as has been set in the Customer Card) is automatically selected and sent.

However, when sending a batch of Invoices at the end of the day from the Print/Email button, all Invoices get emailed using whatever customised form was last selected in Advanced Filters/Selected Form for Sale drop down list. AR completely ignores the Customer's customised form.

3. Stock Alert List does not show Item Number. There is no way to add it.
    1. Items List – special characters in Item Number field are ignored when sorting.

However, the items list that is available when using the Copy From function when creating a new Item is ordered correctly including special characters where used.

4. Recurring Transactions – the longest frequency available from the drop down list is Annually. There are common transactions, such as web domain registration, trademarks etc where the frequency is longer than 12 months.
  5. Pictures added to Item Cards and Customer Cards can be really small, really large or just right. This may be dependent on original image size and indicates that AccountRight does not scale the image to suit the window. AR “Classic” versions correctly scaled images.
  6. (This is a new one) Name field on Item Cards is too short. 

This is why I feel I am not getting good value, even at the current price, let alone an increased price. I want to see my monthly subscription going towards fixing existing problems before adding new features that I will probably never use.

Thank you.

Ray Jordan
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,775 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,775Posts

541Kudos

869Solutions

Hi @RayJordan 

Thank you for your additional feedback.

My post was merely to point some of the major upgrades that we have had within the product. This has been in addition to some known issue fixes and customer suggestions that have been implemented in the product.

In terms of the items you have listed, the majority of these issues have been brought up and have been raised as per your other posts, and are currently awaiting resolution. At this time we don’t have a timeframe for when those will be resolved. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
164 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

164Posts

90Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Komal_S,

I think MYOB should put price increases on hold until these fundamental issues have been resolved. I do not believe I asking too much. I have been paying for MYOB upgrades and subscriptions for about 25 years. Where has my money gone? In recent years MYOB has been spending it on the development of new features that I do not need or want. It is my view that before new features are introduced, existing known software flaws should be addressed. Some of those flaws were identified as long as ten years ago. These have a negative impact on the productivity of my business and probably other people's businesses too.

Thank you.

Ray Jordan

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post