V19.3 roll back financial year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Fever001
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Fever001
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

V19.3 roll back financial year

Hi

I need to roll back v19.3 to 2016 as the adjusting journal entries were completed in June 2017 but due to computer problems and working off another pc the wrong file was picked up and continued with up till now. There is no roll back feature available and I cannot see how restoring an old file will help when I have done 7 months work since. Any suggestions? Would upgrading to Account Right give me the solution?

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11642Posts

1357Kudos

1634Solutions

Re: V19.3 roll back financial year

Hi @Fever001

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

On a strictly technical level, if you upgrade a file from AccountRight v19 to AccountRight 201X you can then use the rollback a financial year feature of AccountRight 201X to roll the file back into0 the previous financial year. Please note that this feature only gives you limited access to the rolled back financial year, specifically that you are not able to edit or delete any transactions in the rolled back year.

It’s also worth mentioning that once the file has been upgraded to AccountRight 201X, it isn’t possible to then downgrade that file back into AccountRight v19.

One other option that you could consider, other than restoring a backup and re-entering in all of the missing information, would be to export out what information you can from the file you have been working on and importing that information into the other file. Unfortunately not all information is able to be exported out of a file, for example payroll records and bank reconciliations, so these would need to be manually entered into the other file.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2717Posts

2072Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Neil_M

Hoping to clarify your first sentence. I realise that if a user upgrades to AR2017, rolls a year forward in AR2017, they can then roll back to the earlier year. Are you saying that if a user rolls forward in v19 (who also may or may not purge closed transactions from that year), then upgrades to AR2017, they can roll back the year originally rolled forward in v19?

My understanding is the roll over process in v19 is very different to what happens in AR2017. In v19 every transactions is updated to change the year and the chart of accounts totals are all modified. This is why rollover can take a very long time in v19. AR2017 on the other hand does none of this and so rollover is quick. So keen to get clarification on the above point - as will not doubt @Fever001.

Regards

Gavin

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Fever001
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou Neil, your 2nd option is not on the radar.

I have tried backing up the file and saving them as a zip and a myox and trying to restore in Account Right 17.2 but it gets half way through and keeps bombing out, what else can I do as I am getting desperate?

Kind Regards

Fever001

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Fever001
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Gavin

Hopefully someone has some advice. I have tried backing up in V19.3 as a zip and myox and tried to restore on V17.2 with no luck, pulling my hair out here!

Fever001

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Fever001 @gavin12345,

I've just tested with upgrading a v19 file to v2017.2, and was able to roll back one financial year right away. This function of rolling back does only allows new transactions to be entered in that period, all previous transactions are not allowed to be altered.

@Fever001 So if you upgrade the v19 file to v2017.2, you can then roll back one financial year to enter additional transactions. It does mean that you'll need to continue working in v2017.2 after that. 

To upgrade the company file, you can simply launch AccountRight v2017.2, choose Upgrade a company file, select the v19 file, the upgrade does not replace the original file. At the first step of the upgrade assistance, you'll have the option to upgrade online (by default), or choose upgrade it offline. If you do not have any files on cloud already, I'd suggest go with upgrade online. It simply requires you to upload the company file to us, our migration team will optimise your company file and have it upgraded for you. Once done, the upgraded file will be accessible online, which then you can move it offline should you wish. 

If you have to upgrade offline, let us know if you encounter any errors. Please attach the error log if there are any. There are also a few things we'd suggest trying to optimise the upgrade:

- Prepare the company file for the new AccountRight

- If the version you are using is quite old, it helps to do a step upgrade to v19.14 first, before upgrading to v2017. You can download and install v19.14 from logging in to my.MYOB

Please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Fever001
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

OMG, it worked thankyou so much, I knew it could be done!

Cheers

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2717Posts

2072Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @CloverQ

Thanks for the clarification - good to know this can be done!

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post