Partner Zone

how to save mye extension to myox file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TAG
Experienced Partner
27 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

27Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

how to save mye extension to myox file

Dear support team,

I received myob file in MYE format and need to open this in AccountRight file, could you suggest

> can I convert MYE extension to MYOX extension to open this in AccountRight software

> Not sure what myob software ( myob essential or other version)  is in mye extension, is this possible to choose myox extension when backing up file. 

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,473Posts

1,623Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: how to save mye extension to myox file

Hi @TAG

The MYE extension is designed to be opened with our Accountants Office product, and as a result the internal formatting of the file is specific to that program. As this files formatting is different to the formatting required by AccountRight, preventing it from being opened in AccountRight.

MYE files are created in AccountRight by going to Accounts >> Send to Accountant. If your client is using AccountRight, then they can just take a normal backup of their program through File >> Backup and give that to you so that you can restore it into your AccountRight. Please note that its best to use the same version as your client

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post