MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Back Order on Purchases

Jenny_Bickley
Experienced Partner

40Posts

59Kudos

1Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
New
New

As this Community Forum member put it - I have copied and pasted from the Forum.

This has been listed before. On Premier 19 and for all previous versions for 20 years, when you converted a purchase order to a Bill, the backorders would auto populate. 

e.g. if the purchase order had Qty 100 and only 25 were delivered and charged, 75 would auto populate in the backorder field. We now have to calculate the backorder quantity manually and type the figure in. This means that it takes a lot longer to process and invoice and errors are made. 

It makes the system useless. I might as well use a spreadsheet.

I couldn't say it better myself. This is a very important feature for users of inventory and purchase orders and I have many clients I cannot upgrade to 2016 because of this very issue. They would throttle me and wonder why so many other time saving features have been added whilst a major time saving feature has been taken away.

Regards

Jenny Bickley

New
9 Comments
Valued Partner Colleen
272 Posts
Valued Partner

Can't agree more.

Contributing Cover User Jollyrodger12
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is soooooo annoying for me also!! i would love this feature added!!!!

Experienced Cover User bells02au
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Couldn't agree more and I have complained about this before.  Also the fact that when you convert an order to a bill it logs you out of the module very very very annoying with bulk processing as a lot of us do.  I give up with MYOB they pay little attention to the functionality of the system for the end user.  I am wondering if they have the correct staff to fix these issues....

Contributing Cover User Jollyrodger12
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Oh this would really save me time! would love tis feature!!! 

Partner dmp
3 Posts
Partner

Totally agree - and it needs to auto calculate for all purchase order items - not just the inventory items

Valued Partner Colleen
272 Posts
Valued Partner

I'm trying to vote on this.  I've kudoed it and my name appears in the Kudoed list.  My name does not appear in the votes list.  When I search for it on the new ideas page, I'm taken back to this page which does not allow me to vote.  Help.

Experienced Partner Jenny_Bickley
40 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi MYOB

Wondering if you are any further advanced on this fix for AccountRight or if you are working on it at all?

Is it going to be fixed or is it in the too hard basket?

Regards

Jenny Bickley

SWI
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi agree!  Previous versions of AccountRight automatically showed the balance of goods received as a back order.  When updated to AR Live (AccountRight Plus it doesn't do it, rendering useless.  I even phoned about it and the staff member couldn't believe it didn't automatically show the back order figure. Pleeeeeeeeeeease fix!

Experienced Cover User AndrewStephen
77 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree this is needed.

Having just upgrade from v19 I am find v2018.4.1 is a HUGE backwards steps.

My daily processing tasks are now taking an extra 60-90 minutes and now when receiving supplier invoices, I have to make sure I get the backorder qty correct.
Other we will end up ordering again items that are on back order that we missed updating the field.
Example from today, received an invoice with 120 items and most had items on back order.  Would take 15 min to process in v19 and v2018 took almost 45 minutes