Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Improvements needed to current version

HawkinsSP
Cover User

3Posts

32Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

The problems we have so far experienced with the current version are as follows:

•  It is very slow
  •  The date entry has changed and puts up an error message over the dates that make it hard to fix this occurs when you haven't finished typing the end date so the program is anticipating an error that you haven't made yet
  •  The alarm for duplicate invoices has no noise, is too small and appears after you have moved on from that data entry field
  •  The information on payables in Business Insights does not let you drill down like it did in previous versions
  •  The data entry field for suppliers when you are putting in a purchase drops down to list all the suppliers starting with those letters this slows me down and did not happen in previous versions
  •  When typing in amounts it leaves the zero from the display as we type in the amount and we keep getting an extra zero added to our figures you need to manually click on the amount field to have it highlighted and clear before you type the amount this slows us down and can lead to big errors
  •  It would be better if the font and entry fields were bigger they seem to have shrunk
Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Thanks HawkinsSP for your thoughts. I can see you've found some parts of the current versioning frustrating. In order to rank and prioritise these improvements I would like to split each of your bullet points out so we can deal with them separately - is that ok?

7 Comments
Former Staff Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks HawkinsSP for your thoughts. I can see you've found some parts of the current versioning frustrating. In order to rank and prioritise these improvements I would like to split each of your bullet points out so we can deal with them separately - is that ok?
Former Staff Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff

Re "The date entry has changed and puts up an error message over the dates that make it hard to fix this occurs when you haven't finished typing the end date so the program is anticipating an error that you haven't made yet"

How did you get to this problem? Is that through selecting Reports | Index To Reports and then after you select a report you put in the from date as later than the to date? indextoreports error.png

HawkinsSP
3 Posts
Cover User

The problem occurs at the page after the one you have shown. For example I want to print my employees activity report for each month for a year. I print the first report fine and I may have to adjust employees included etc depending on why I am printing it. So I print 1st July to 31st  July, then when I go to change the dates to do the next one I type in 1st Aug and it says in a big red box "the selected date range is Invalid" because the end date is still the 31st of July, but I have not finished typing the end date and the red error message is over where I need to type.

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,250 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Prior versions would tend to adjust the To date to the end of the month of the (new) From date, which is a much better option.

Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

The underlying problem is that MYOB AR2011/2012 consists of two user interfaces where there are glaring date validation inconsistencies between the forms and reports user interfaces.

I suspect that the design & development of each interface was carried out in isolation of one another.  Much like Forms and Reports interfaces developed by Oracle nearly 22 years ago; one was in the USA and the other in Ireland.

That has an obvious truthfulness when you consider the Reports error message says "The selected date range is invalid" whilst the Forms error message says "The starting date is greater than ending date." which is friendlier and does not attempt to restrict the user.  The Forms error message, for me, covers all bases whilst the Reports error message is frustrating to the user.

Unlike Reports, the Forms user interface is a lot friendlier particularly when it comes to dates.  In Forms the user simply does a 'back tab' to the 'start date' to change the starting date or remaIns in the 'end date' field but changes it so that it is greater than the 'start date'.

Reports on the other hand don't allow the user that flexibility; the user has no choice but to make the end date greater than the start date or make the start date earlier than the end date if they are already in the start date field.  This severe lack of options is extremely frustrating and an outright time waster; it reflects either poor design or poor programmatic implementation of a good design.

Attached is an illustration of how the date in Forms work in a similar situation where there is both a start and end date; it is by no means an exhaustive demonstration.

To enlarge the attached image to make it readable please use your mouse to click inside of it. It will be presented enlarged in a new browser tab.

The Reports Interface for date entry should be identical to that presently in Forms Interface.

Form Dates.jpg

Former Staff Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
ok - I'm going to take this as a) ensuring reports & forms handling of dates is consistent and b) allow start to be greater than end until the refresh is done, THEN validate. does that sound right? If so - please vote - great to see what's important to you.
Experienced Partner Donnad
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

The feedback I have from clients is that the entire color scheme is too pale - pale grey, pale blue, pale, pale pale.....This is awful for older eyes or smaller screens...can we please have some color!!!!