Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Payroll: Pay Employee - Edit recorded payroll transactions (Editable payroll)

Cover User

5Posts

199Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:

* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place

* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?

* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?

Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!

Thanks!

"Editable payroll"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.

62 Comments
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The ability to change or add jobs to a recorded pay

Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

yeah this is absolutely ridiculous that this doesn't already exist. HOURS OF WORK TO FIX A TINY MISTAKE.

Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Payroll entries should be able to be edited.  What is the difference in integrity of data between editing a payslip and totally deleting and re-doing it, especially when it comes to job allocations.

Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can we please make this adjustement so that jobs can be changed in the payroll.  Staff monitor the payments that they get for each job and if there is an error or a change in allocation it is creating a lot of unnecessary work for myself.  This has now been under consideration for nearly 5 years!  Can this amendment be made in the next update.

2 Posts
Cover User

It will be easier for user if MYOB allow us change the payment date after entering all the employees pay details for the period. As this happened all the time due to authoriser/manager change their mind and want to pay either earlier or later. 

Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

My main issue is with job numbers not being able to be changed once recorded.  We use these to check people have been paid their entitlements dedicated to jobs.  Also when there are split jobs the Payroll Category Transaction report shows the whole amount that was in the category not what was allocated to the specific job.

Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still waiting since 2013 surely this is not a hard change to make to the system.  Really jobs should be able to be changed on any transaction and it doesn't affect the integrity of the accounts in any way!  However, this has a great impact on any doing management accounting and wants to provide reports regarding jobs.

1 Post
User

Any updates? There seem to be many in favour with the votes.

Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

would be great to be able to edit payroll entries 

Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to suggest that once a pay run has been completed that you have the ability to change the jobs that it is assigned to. I have some transactions that have occured through payroll that I need to journal over from one job to the other as I can not amend them in the pay once completed. If I have the ability to change the job in a purchase or sale, why can I not do it in the payroll transactions? I understand that I can not change the amounts paid, just want to be able to reallocate the amounts paid in the jobs.