Partner Zone
Partner Zone

2018.3 upgrade taking ages or frozen

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User cdraft
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
cdraft
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2018.3 upgrade taking ages or frozen

Opening an online company file seems frozen. 'Last sync' tab says 'upgrading' but is taking forever.

Is this normal, or any other thoughts?

Capture.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

Re: 2018.3 upgrade taking ages or frozen

I suggest you check this Forum and hold off on upgrading (when you are able to) as there are a couple of major bugs including in the bank reconciliations that are causing problems for users. These won't be fixed until the next upgrade is released.

Cheers

Liz

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @cdraft

If the Upgrader is stuck, it may continue showing "Upgrading" for an abnormally long period of time. I've checked over your account and was able to reset this back to active status in 2018.2.

I have also run a corrective script over the company file to resolve any background issues that were affecting the upgrade.

You should now be able to attempt to upgrade this again.

I would also like to mention that we have identified 2 key bugs in 2018.3 post-release that are set to be resolved in the 2018.4 release. You can read more on these Forum Threads:

These issues may only be a low priority for you and you may also like to utilise the extra features that has come out in this release which you can find here: AccountRight 2018.3 now available. At this stage, 2018.3 is an optional upgrade and I would recommend checking the above links to see if you would like to upgrade and use the new features or keep on the current version until the next release addresses the above issues.

We do apologise for the troubles this causes.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User cdraft
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
cdraft
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions