13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

2019 Install problem!

I have installed version 2019.3 after uninstalling other versions.

The setup file says completed but there is no desktop shortcut .

How do I find it, or otherwise oprn the app?

Mal.
9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,343 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,343Posts

525Kudos

1,149Solutions

Re: 2019 Install problem!

Hi @Ggastro 

Are you using Windows 8 or 10? If so, please press the Windows button on your keyboard, then straight away type 'AccountRight', it will search for any AccountRight applications. Windows 7 or below shall have a search box that you can type in.

Once the application is located, please feel free to right click on it > Pin to taskbar/Start, or Open file location, copy the shortcut to desktop. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Ggastro
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Further to this. I have found that 2019.3 will install into other users on the computer, which is not ideal.

However, to enable me to continue working, I have created a separate user just for MYOB, and installed into that.

I still do not understand why it will not install correctly into my original user account.

The installer appers to work, and gives me the all done message , but ther is no shortcut. Further investigation reveals that although the program shows in programs folder, ther are no filles in the appropriate AppsData folder.

What the hell is going on with MYOB?

Mal.
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am using Win10.

Following your instructions I get a result of AccountRight 19.15

Which is no longer on the computer!

Further down I get a web search result of @2019.2 Which I have also deleted on the advice of the chat line yesterday.

Does not mention 2019.3 anywhere.

Mal.
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have uninstalled by opening the installation file and "Modifying setup" and then reinstalled.

Still the same result.

One thing to note is that the installation file takes a while to load in other users whereas in my user account it only takesaa couple of seconds!

If I check the target assigned to the shortcut on other users account(AppData....Huxley etc)

there are no such files in my user account, obviously as it seems to have skipped over them on install,

Hence no shortcut and no target presumably.

Mal.
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

214Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @Ggastro 

Just came across this post and wanted to see how you're going with this.  I'll link Installation Troubleshooting in case you're still having issues. 

Let me know how it's going. If your issue has resolved please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find the post. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Still unable to install into main user account.

As advised, have set up new user and installed into that.

I have tried copying all files from that install into original user, after deleting all previous versions, to no avail.

Even manually setting up shortcut has no effect.

Given up.

Mal.
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

214Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @Ggastro 

Can you clarify what you mean by installing into main user account? Is this Windows user profiles? Have you tried the server edition installation? This installs to the public folder not to a user specific folder. If it’s a terminal server you can use the MSI installer. Software downloads page linked. 

Let me know how you’re going with this.

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, I refer to the Windows user profiles.

Other user profiles  than me can install okay, complete with shortcut etc. however it does not seem to want to install into my user account which is where the program was originally.

As I have said I have set up a new profile and installed into that.

I should point out that MYOB is used on this single home computer to run my wife's medical practise business accounts.  We need MYOB to keep tax records and for payroll records for the office staff, so , due to STP and super requirements we need to be online.

The practise software itself is run on her office network.

If I try the server version install do I have to delete any other versions/installs before doing so?

Mal.
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,343 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,343Posts

525Kudos

1,149Solutions

Hi @Ggastro 

It is indeed strange that the AccountRight PC edition does not install properly for your Windows user profile only, while it works fine for other user profiles on the same computer. It may need to be looked into by an IT person about how your profile is set up differently to others. 

Having said that, as Theresa mentioned, if multiple users profiles need to use AccountRight on the same computer, you can try installing the Server Edition instead. Here is a quick explanation on the differences of the different installers, and the locations of the personalised letters, Microsoft Excel templates and BASlink templates. You will need Administrator right on the computer to install the server edition. It is not recommended to have both Server Edition and PC edition installed the same time.

In case that if you use roaming profiles or terminal services set up, the please use the MSI installer instead. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post