AccountRight Error Message after Updating

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight Error Message after Updating

I updated my AccountRight to the newest version last Friday (Version 2016.2). Since then I have had the "Something has gone wrong and AccountRight must close" seven times. The Error Report shows:

Code:
Unknown (0)

(Unknown): ShowUIView(CardDetail,...,...)

I'm currently on hold with MYOB after being transferred to a third department to try and find out what is causing this and how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to stop this from happening? It's already driving me crazy.

I'm running Windows 7 if that helps.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Former Staff
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

311Kudos

699Solutions

Re: AccountRight Error Message after Updating

Hi there @CamGuru,

I can see from your account that you have been in touch with one of our technical support representatives and that they have advised that you exempt AccountRight from your antivirus software.

Our help page Speed and performance tips may be of use to you through this process (see the section on Excluding AccountRight from antivirus software).

Please do let us know how that works for you, so that other clients experiencing the same problem are aware of the solution.

Additionally, @DanniTAG, I can see from your post on the MYOB AccountRight Blog that you've experienced similar issues - could you please try adding AccountRight as an exception to your antivirus software as well, and let us know how you go?

If that does not work for you, please do let us know so we can further investigate.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tallie_M

I had thought that making MYOB exempt from my antivirus software had solved the problem, however I have just had the error message come up again, this time showing:

Code:
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException

Database already opened by a different user. [ Db name = \\?\MaskedFilePath.myox ]

Do you have any other suggestions on what to do as I cannot afford to have MYOB closing down on me multiple times a day, particularly at end of month and coming up to EOFY, nor do I have an extra hour up my sleeve to call your Support Team again. If you could advise me what to do I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards

Tara

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tallie_M

Has there been any luck with this issue? I'm still getting the "Something went wrong and AccountRight needs to close" message several times a day. I've been on the phone to MYOB twice and have done what was suggested each time, but still no luck. I have found that by clicking Close instead of Restart AccountRight I can avoid MYOB actually closing, but a better solution would be to fix the problem. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to have the phone tied up for over an hour again for me to call MYOB a third time about this issue. Is there something you can suggest? Or maybe someone/somewhere I can email to have someone call me the next time this happens?

Also, will the update later this month fix this issue or may it create more of the same problem? As you can imagine EOFY is the worst time for issues to happen, especially since MYOB's hold times are always longer during this time of year.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

627Kudos

1,223Solutions

Hi @CamGuru,

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing for you. I can see you've also posted in this thread - AccountRight has encountered an error and needs to exit, I have responded to you there, please do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post