Accountright version 2020.2 removing "signout file feature"

4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright version 2020.2 removing "signout file feature"

You know that is a clunky and flawed suggestion surely a company like MYOB could come up with a streamlined solution not take a giant step backwards.  We're paying more and get a much less user friendly product.  Disgusted MYOB

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,188 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,188Posts

5,452Kudos

5,939Solutions

Hi @1963 

With AccountRight 2020, we do recommend ensuring that you do have a minimum upload speed of 0.5 Mbps as per the system requirements.

Should clients not be able to maintain that upload speed or do have a poor/unreliable connection, storing the company file located in the cloud with AccountRight 2020 may not be suitable for their needs. Those clients may consider using the company file locally i.e. within a library on their computer and potentially restore a backup of their company file into the cloud occasionally to ensure using it almost as a backup service.

Note: Other "Live" Services - bank feeds, pay superannuation, payroll reporting while requiring an internet connection don't require the company file to be stored in the cloud.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sue-AFSL
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Okay so an offline file might be better for my needs... 

except that half the useful featuresare unavailable in an offline file (including attaching copies of invoices to payment transactions- I wonder why since we could/might prefer to  store them on our own server) - a fact which seems to be designed to encourage online files... 

shelld79
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @1963 

Note: Other "Live" Services - bank feeds, pay superannuation, payroll reporting while requiring an internet connection don't require the company file to be stored in the cloud.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. How can we use these services that require an internet connection if the file is used permanently offline?

Also, how do we access the latest updates without the file being online?

One of my clients has horrendous internet and the ability to take the file offline to work on it when the internet was acting up was one of the best features that MYOB had. Now that has been taken away we are really stuck and I have no idea what to do for them as they need to be invoicing customers every day in a realiable file where we have access to bank feeds. I now have some very angry clients and no real solution to help them effectively.

MYOB have definitely taken a huge step backward by removing this function and have now made things even more difficult for clients that don't have the most reliable internet connection around.

Michelle Doorey CPA
Beagle Bookkeeping Services
Registered Tax Agent
Ph: 0419220057
michelle@beaglebookkeeping.com.au
www.beaglebookkeeping.com.au
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,188 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,188Posts

5,452Kudos

5,939Solutions

Hi @shelld79 

The other Live Services mentioned i.e. bank feeds, pay superannuation and payroll reporting interacts with another service to send or receive data, as a result, an internet connection would be required. For example, to report your pays to the ATO you need an Internet Connection as it needs to send that information to the ATO. It's a similar siutaiton with bank feeds, the bank feeds information is stored at MYOB's end and you need an internet connection to pull that information into the company file.  As those services do rely on external factors to work they do require an internet connection to use that functionality.

Product updates are done by updating the installers. So when a new version is announced the user can download that installer from the internet and then install the software. Installers are available through a client's my.MYOB account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

shelld79
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

What I was asking was if we were working on an offline local backup file how do we still get access to the bank feeds? Can these still be connected to with an offline file if there is internet access at that point in time?

Thanks.

Michelle Doorey CPA
Beagle Bookkeeping Services
Registered Tax Agent
Ph: 0419220057
michelle@beaglebookkeeping.com.au
www.beaglebookkeeping.com.au
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,188 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,188Posts

5,452Kudos

5,939Solutions

Hi @shelld79 

Bank Feeds just require an active AccountRight subscription for the company file and an internet connection. The company file can be stored locally or online to receive those.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

EnergyWhit123
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I operate a small business in rural north queensland, MYOB needs to think about these areas that have interminttant **bleep**py internet and NO access to NBN!  Operating online is out of the question and even with my owning my Perpetual MYOB Premier V19 software still has issues.    

MYOB is asking for more money and offering smaller rural businesses like ours alot less! 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,188 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,188Posts

5,452Kudos

5,939Solutions

Hi @EnergyWhit123 

We do recommend clients have a stable high-speed internet connection with a recommended minimum upload speed of 0.5 Mbps if they wish to access their company file in the cloud. This is as per the system requirements.

In saying that, AccountRight 2020.3/2020.4 does offer the ability for clients to store and access their company files locally. If you are wishing to move your company file locally from an online state, you would be looking at taking a backup of the online file (File>>Backup) and then restoring into a library on your computer (File>>Restore -- Restore into a library on my computer). A similar process would need to be done if you wish to put a local file back into the cloud - Backup the file and then restore it online.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post