Jason1989
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cant access library files on server

Hi MYOB Support team,

i have just updated to the 2021.5 SE on my server and the office computers cant access the library now, I cannot find whether or not the API connector was installed so i think it isnt. the little API connector icon doesnt appear in the bottom right corner anymore

Ive checked the that IP address being accessed by the office computer is the correct IP address as the server, please help urgently

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,411 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,411Posts

508Kudos

800Solutions

Re: Cant access library files on server

Hi @Jason1989 

AccountRight API is automatically installed if you are using the Server Edition of the software. You can tell this is working by entering the following in your Internet browser's address bar http://localhost:8080/accountright/ If you get a range of files appearing then it would be working as intended.

As the files are not appearing in the network library, the first thing to check would be if both the Server and the PC have the same version of AccountRight installed. 

If that is correct, please check if the  MYOB Server and library services are started on your server computer. You can see this by opening Services.msc from the windows search box (click on the start menu button, type Services.msc in the search box). Scroll down to the “M”’s and make sure the MYOB services are started. We want the AccountRight server service, server locator service, API service, and library service. Make sure all these are running.

Next, can I ask you to try the troubleshooting steps on the server computer (i.e. where the database files are stored):

• Open AccountRight, click on open and look in the local library – do files show here?
  • Click on network library, hit “Add network library”. In the server name and location please type “localhost” (without the quotes). Does anything show up there?
  • If you create a new file and save it locally, does it show up in your library?

If the answer to all the questions is yes, please follow the steps given below:

1.  Click on Start and type "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security"
  2.  Click on Inbound Rules
  3.  Search for rules starting with MYOB, right-click on them and enable all the rules with MYOB. Please make sure that if you have multiple versions of AccountRight installed and you find any rules having a version written next to them, just enable the rules with 2021.5. 

I would recommend taking IT assistance for these steps. 

Depending on what happens after the rules are enabled, we will decide what needs to be done next. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post