Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Importing/exporting sales

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User carolineh
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
carolineh
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing/exporting sales

Further to a previous query about how to move Recurring Sales transactions from one data file to another, the suggestion being to turn them all into invoices in the first file on a certain date, export all sales for that date and import same sales to the new file, save them as recurring, then delete them (good idea) I'm having all sorts of trouble with the importing exporting function.

I've happily exported and imported most other things for this new file fairly successfully (using 2015.3) - Cards, chart of accounts, tax codes, items. etc., however it doesn't seem to be importing the sales.

I made all the sales for 1st Sept 2015 - in the future so the couldn't affect anything before I delete them again.  Exported them as Item Sales.    I tried both All Sales and All Invoices for the status with the same non result (even though I don't know what the status difference is between All Sales and All Invoices!)

It appears to export fine, then when I do the import function, it says the correct number of files being imported but when I search in the Sales register, the chart of accounts, profit and Loss, etc., the sales are nowhere to be seen.

I thought maybe it didn't import for a future date (seems unlikely) so I did a sale from last month - it also showed one sale being dutifully imported but no sign of it in the sales register.

Where are they going?  I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with what should be a simple enough exercise!

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Cover User carolineh
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
carolineh
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Importing/exporting sales

I've solved this!  Sorry!

I went looking through other solutions and tried a few things and eventually discovered first of all that my GST collected and Paid accounts (which are different numbers to the ones standard in MYOB) and that I thought I'd linked correctly, weren't apparently linked correctly across the board.

So I fixed that.

Then I saw in a solution and saw that others got an error log so I found that (couldn't see for looking) and it was failing because of no freight charges linked account (even though the exporting file also had no freight charges) so I made a linked account and it worked!

All good, thank you!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post