MYOB NEEDS TO FIX PRINTING to PDF on WINDOWS 10!!! its 2018!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Oscar_W
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB NEEDS TO FIX PRINTING to PDF on WINDOWS 10!!! its 2018!

I have put off upgrading to windows 10 for quite some time.

After doing so today, printing to PDF is all screwed up.

- Printing to Adobe reader x (latest version) produces dotted lines which should be solid and overall poor quality.

- Printing to Microsoft in-built PDF writer shows up ugly boxes all over every field in my customized forms.

- "Send to disk" function is not an option as I use multiple forms and I cannot realistically go into the settings every time (dozens of times a day) to change the default form. (Allowing one to select the form in question here would be a simple fix, as the output is fine. However, this option does not exist.)

I knew this was an issue as it happens on my win. 10 laptop. I had hoped it was device related but it is not. Upgraded my desktop OS and I now have exactly the same issue. I have googled troubleshooting advice for adobe and microsoft print, reinstalled print drivers etc etc, to no avail; I am reasonably adept with computers and have not come across a problem I could not solve that was not an acknowledged software or hardware flaw. Other programs print fine, this is a MYOB PROBLEM

Searching the forum shows that paying MYOB clients have been complaining about this issue SINCE 2015!!!!

3 YEARS MYOB!!!! 3 YEARS and you have made no effort to address this????

Surely every business prints to pdf on a regular basis?

Where is the support?

What the hell are we paying for? 

In around 18 months Microsoft will cease security updates for windows 7. You have had three years to address this issue. Why is it not being addressed?

My only option is to go back to windows 7???? OR CHANGE ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE MAYBE

If I cannot generate respectable looking pdf quotes and invoices I cannot run my business, it's that simple.

Seriously, MYOB your contempt for your customers is astounding. Overall the software looks and feels like something out of the early '90s. One would think that getting basic functionality working with current operating systems would not be too much to ask.

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Issues-Printing-to-PDF-since-Windows-10-up...

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Printing-to-PDF-on-Windows-10-causes-t...

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Printing-to-PDF-blurry-quality/m-p/475889

10 REPLIES 10
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,394 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,394Posts

5,740Kudos

6,328Solutions

Re: MYOB NEEDS TO FIX PRINTING to PDF on WINDOWS 10!!! its 2018!

Hi @Oscar_W

In most cases of this situation, I have come across of this situation the Send to PDF option in AccountRight does work as intended and produces a high-quality PDF and a Windows 10 machine is involved. However, as you have mentioned you would need to change the default if you wish to use multiple forms for PDF printing.

As has been indicated on Issues Printing to PDF since Windows 10, this is something that we have passed across to the required team for further investigating. At this stage, it does appear to be a PDFPrinter and Windows 10 issue more so than an AccountRight issue as previous Windows did create the PDF successfully and AccountRight does correct produce a PDF when selecting the Send to PDF option (which is the recommended way to produce PDFs in AccountRight).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Oscar_W
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sure you can sense my frustration. Being that MYOB has been aware of this issue since 2015, can you confirm whether this is an issue for which a fix is being actively investigated? Or has it been placed into the "too hard basket" like so many MYOB shortcomings? I would really appreciate a direct response to this.

If MYOB feels that using the "send to disk" option is the appropriate answer, that would be fine - just implement a pop-up which asks the user which form to print. Problem solved. I do not care how I get my .pdf, as long as the quality is professional and the file size is reasonable (should be less than 100Kb for a page). It's clear this is a problem for multiple users, and will only increase as businesses are forced onto windows 10 if they want to use the latest features, and eventually just to keep their machines secure.

The overall pace of development and roll out of new features of MYOB is very poor considering the price of the subscription keeps getting raised every couple of months. Many are jumping ship for your competitors. I will be joining them, possibly soon if MYOB does not start providing some value for money that is somewhat relative to the repeated price hikes.

Fixing the above issue, removing arbitrary character limits in item descriptions, providing an app that allows you to quote on the go (not just invoice), and allowing deposits to be paid against quotes via paydirect would be a nice start.

Thanks

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,394 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,394Posts

5,740Kudos

6,328Solutions

Hi @Oscar_W

At this point in time, to my knowledge, it is not something that we are actively developing as the focus is on implementing a Single Touch Payroll solution and other developing other aspects of the program. In saying that this is something that we have passed across to our program development team for a future update to the program.

You mentioned MYOB Invoices having quotes, this is something that we actively working on with the app. It has currently been made available for MYOB Essentials clients and will be made available for AccountRight ones very soon. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

AKM014
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Another price rise just days ago and they still won't fix the PDF issue that we have had since the beginning!

Plus they won't even bother putting on more support staff to help. I am sitting on hold as we speak for 31 mins so far!

Neutron2
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I'm having the exact same issue as the original poster (Oscar). Our invoices look ridiculous and will now have to start using the send to disk option, which is not very user-friendly with different forms. 

Can't believe MYOB's attitude towards the issue! 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,394 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,394Posts

5,740Kudos

6,328Solutions

Hi @Neutron2

Thank you for your comments on this situation.

As has been mentioned on this thread and others, this situation has been something that we have shared with the team, however, the information we have received tend to suggest that this is more of an environmental error rather than an AccountRight system error. The reason for this is that AccountRight will correctly produce the PDF through the Send to PDF option and previous operating systems such as Windows 7 worked as intended.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Marke
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

We use AccountRight Plus.

When printing invoices or reports to PDF the resulting PDF is large in size and blurry.

I reported this problem to MYOB support in August 2017 and shared my Windows 10 PC with an MYOB support engineer via TeamViewer.

The support engineer tried using the following PDF programs: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, CutePDF Writer, Microsaoft XPS Document Writer and Microsoft Print to PDF. All attempts created a raster PDF rather than vector PDF.

The engineer then thought it might be our customised invoice templates so opened the default Clearwater test account inbuilt with every version of MYOB. Again even generating a PDF from a simple Clearwater report or form created rastered PDFs rather than vectored PDFs.

The engineer said that they had not come across this problem before.

He also said that MYOB staff were still using Window 7... so it didn't seem to be a much of a problem.

MYOB support closed the ticket as being resolved.

Upon searching the MYOB forums there are countless instances of this very same problem going back as far as 2015!!

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Issues-Printing-to-PDF-since-Windows-10-up...

FYI - I have several Windows 10 PCs and an older Windows 7 PC in our office. The problem only occurs on the Windows 10 machines when generating a PDF form within MYOB.

It is 2019 and still no resolution to this problem four years since users first reported it.

Cheers,

Mark

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

The simple solution for MYOB is to allow us to select which form to use when using the "Send To" method, exactly the same as it does when using the "Print" method. Problem solved, and we would all walk away happy.

It's fairly pointless to say that it's environmental, when so many users have the same issue, and every single one of those users are successfully using Adobe PDF Printer with many other software apps, such as Microsoft Office etc. I also use Adobe PDF Printer for CorelDRAW and can confirm this produces high quality vector output.

So hats off to MYOB - your "Send To" works fine! Just let us choose the form there. Please !

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I got a call from MYOB Support today. Here's some settings that I was not aware of, which sets the default form to use when using the "Send to Disk" function, and the customer name card is not set for that layout and form.

For example, if you have a customer set to "Item" Layout with "Item Invoice xyz" in their customer card, but you need to do a Service sale to them, and want to use your "Service Invoice xyz" custom form, and you don't want to always change the customer card setup.

For sales:

> Go to Sales command centre.

> Click on "Print/Email Invoices"

> Click on "Advanced Filters" (either on the To Be Printed or the To Be Emailed tab, makes no difference)

> Select the layout for which you want to set a default form. eg "Item".

> Go down to "Selected Form for Sale" and select the custom form that you want to use by defaut for this layout.

> Do the same for Service layout (and others if you use those).

For Item and Service Purchases, the same procedure as above, but starting at the Purchases command centre.

I used the same method for Print/Email Statements and Print/Email Pay Slips. 

You can now use the "Send to Disk", without having to edit the customer card, as it will select your nominated form by default.

It's probably not a total 100% solution for all situations, but now I can get perfect PDF output for over 90% of my requirements. 

I hope this helps others!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post