MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYOB versions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User bgr
12 Posts
Experienced User
bgr
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB versions

Hello

Hoping for a bit of help...

This might sound like a weird question but.....

If a new version of MYOB (eg, AccountRight Premier version 19 to 19.13) is installed on a network server, this creates a new short-cut to the new version on each staff member's computer.

I did this today for the October Tax Table compliance upgrade.

Does anyone know what would happen if one of our staff accidentally uses the Short-cut to the previous version (but selects the correct MYOB file).

I am the only person using the Payroll module and therefore updated tax tables, so I am ensuring that I'm selecting the latest version.

In other words, would it cause havock to the MYOB file if other staff members mistakinlgy access the MYOB file via previous MYOB versions (assuming that they don't require tax updates)?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Rebecca

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,587 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2587Posts

1984Kudos

376Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: MYOB versions

Hi @bgr

You should ensure you have installed v19.13 on all computers and after upgrading the file, I suggest you rename the old copy. MYOB never 'upgrades' the actual file, instead it creates a new file.

To answer your question, if a users runs v19.12 and tries to open the upgraded file, they won't be able to - they will get a message saying it has been upgraded to a newer version. They must run v19.13 in order to open and use that file.

The danger is a user might run v19.12 and open the 'un-upgraded' file and enter transactions in that file. This is why I suggest you rename or relocate the un-upgraded copy of the file as a way of ensuring everybody is using the same company file.

Regards

Gavin

Experienced User bgr
12 Posts
Experienced User
bgr
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB versions

Thanks so much Gavin.

That makes me feel better.  Your help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Rebecca

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post