Partner Zone

Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

melk2
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

We are experiencing exactly the same issue with not requiring passwords and nothing has changed.  Has this issue been fixed?

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,834Posts

95Kudos

213Solutions

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Hi @ALl

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! We're currently in the process of investigating this further to improve the experience for you all. I have sent you a private message to collect additional information. Please check your inboxes. 

Please keep in mind that every time you log in, the system will require two-factor authentication (2FA).

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

SPOK
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Same here.  The irony of the situation is that two factor authentication was required for me to comment here but none is required to log into company files.  How ridiculously obsurd and dangerous.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Jlee
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

I am having the same problem with no sign in needed.  How long before there is an Update to fix this problem?

sascaro
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

I too have noticed this issue today along with many other users, judguing by the comments. No-one in our organisation has changed any settings so this must be a MYOB issue. This is highly irregular and extremely unprofessional - let alone potenitally damaging & costly. What would happen if someone got into our file and changed bank details of our suppliers and we didn't notice until the payments had gone elsewhere? And what about privacy issues with our employee data - can anyone access this personal information, tax file numbers, address, super funds, etc. etc.

MYOB - I SEE NOTHING ON THIS FEED TO INDICATE THAT YOU ARE TAKING THIS MATTER EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO FIX THIS NOW?

SPOK
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

I'm sorry, but I've signed out of all my files and get it has made no difference whatsoever.  When I select a company file to use there is no 2FA.  This is a problem.

Donnahhh
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The Boss and I didn't have to sign into our accounts this morning, the 2IC last week and the Manager from our other location did the 1st time this morning. After he entered his authenticator code, I asked him to sign out and back in again and he didn't need his password. I have also noticed the box for keep me logged in for 24 hours has dissappeared.

No one else has authority to change any settings, I haven't and these guys don't know how to. I am wondering when everyone else having problems had to enter their authenticator code and if it is related. Has it been modified lately? It needs to be fixed asap.

ERStewart
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Our organization is experiencing the same issue this morning if no one is being asked for 2FA, our files are completely unprotected MYOB please fix this urgently, roll back the update to the previous version and work on your changes on a staging server to protect your customer base seriously it's not that hard.

MicheleB
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB, any  update on this important issue???

SWelch
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We too are having this same issue. This seems extremely dangerous to allow your file to remain open, where anyone can jump onto a computer and access immediately. A breach of safety for your customers MYOB. Very concerning.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post