146 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

146Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Printing to PDF on WINDOWS 10 is still not working, needs to be addressed

@Steven_M 

But you know the problem with what you tell us to do?

You can't select the form when sending to disk which renders this function useless 50% of the time.

Lets say I have an invoice but i need to save a delivery docket for this.  It is impossible to save a delivery docket.

You are forced to email it to yourself and wait the 1/2 hour it usually takes for email to be delivered using MYOb system.

It should not be this hard to select the form you'd like and save it as a PDF.

John

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,465 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,465Posts

5,086Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @Turtlewitnohome 

The system will use the Printed Form option in the Customer's Selling Details as the desired form used by that Send to Disk function.

So, depending on the purpose and what is being produced with that PDF creation, you could look at setting the desired form in that customer's card this way the user wouldn't need to see the desired customise form as it will use that default form for the customer. As mentioned, it does depend on the purpose and what you are trying to produce with with that PDF creation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven What you suggest here is in no way a solution.

"you could look at setting the desired form in that customer's card"

I use a variety of different forms for invoices, quotes, even works orders as do apparently many others. I can't even imagine a business that would use a single form for a given customer to meet all these needs.

You are asking us to spend an additional 2-3 hours a day navigating through myobs clunky and slow menu system, staring at the spinning pinwheel until we go insane.

For god's sake, can you please find a way to escalate this issue? We have been waiting for this simple fix for a rediculously long time. Several years now. It's really, really poor customer service by MYOB.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M 

"It should not be this hard to select the form you'd like and save it as a PDF."

^ This.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,465 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,465Posts

5,086Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @Oscar_W 

Thank you for your additional feedback.

At this stage, we don't have any new information on how that investigation is proceeding, although it has been sent through to the required team along with your comments.

It should be noted the workaround of having the custom forms set as the Printed Form on the customer's card so it can be used as the form using the Save to Disk functionality may not work for all customers and situations, as has been mentioned in my post that did suggest that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
146 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

146Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

hahaha

Investigation, dont make me laugh, it hurts.

It'll be like error 4077 which is never fixed after 8 Years +, it'll be like the slow email system that take up 1hr to send an email. 

Which is the only current fix to the above.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I had this issue a while ago and without itunes installed i could not print.

I am not sure for why or what reason and it fixed my issue

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Print to disk functionality is all well and good if you're only needing to print an invoice using the default custom form selected, but we need to use multiple forms depending on the client.  And the fact that send to disk doesn't immediately open the PDF once created is also causing issues and additional clicks required to do my work.  We a paying for an updated service that isn't working as well as the older versions that are no longer supported.  The lack of support on this issue has our business seriously considering moving to Xero for our accounting software.  What is MYOB going to do to keep our business?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,465 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,465Posts

5,086Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @IndValuersWA 

At this stage, we don't have a timeframe for when the user would be able to select their required form using the Send to Disk functionality. Currently, the system will use the default form set in the Print/Email Invoices window or the default on the customer card.

Note: There will be no change to this situation with the release of AccountRight 2020.2, which is our next scheduled release due out shortly for all clients.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven.

There are several threads on the forum regarding this issue, which combined add up to a few thousand views.

Printing quotes/invoices/packing slipsorders etc etc using various customisable forms really is a basic and fundamental function that is advertised as part of MYOB. Many of us need to use these simple functions daily.

Other bells and whistles are added and the price keeps going up, but simple bugs are ignored. It's pretty frustrating as a long term paying customer who just needs to get on with the basics MYOB used to do well.

Can you explain why MYOB appears not to be interested in helping us with this?

I had a phone call from one of your developers in late 2019 who seemed to be looking into a solution, which was a welcome surprise. Has this since been abandoned?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post