24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2021.1 is now available

We've been locked out of 2020.3 today - 3 days prior to the notified date - what is going on. Upgrading on our site is a major exercise as we have mutliple users so I don't do it willy nilly - which I will now have to do given that we can't access our file until we upgrade. 

Disappointing to say the least. 

Also, why can't MYOB notify of these things via email, rather than us having to find out after we can't log in.

So frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,538Posts

769Kudos

879Solutions

Hi @Karen_E-cat 

Our newer versions ensure our cloud services are running at optimal performance and meet all compliance obligations. That is why we recommend that you always use the most up to date version of our software. This does mean that from time to time we will decommission older versions. 

We will also post a decommissioning post on the forum with dates and information when decommissioning is scheduled: AccountRight 2020.2, 2020.3 and 2020.4 scheduled decommissioning

With the introduction of automatic updates, if you are using AccountRight on a network we do recommend that you uninstall the PC edition and install the Server edition on all computers to avoid files automatically updating. This just means that your employees will need to:

1. go to Control Panel>>Programs>>Uninstall or change a program>>uninstall the PC edition
  2. download the SE and install as per the installation wizard

You can find more information on Automatic updates here:

Getting the latest version

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Karen_E-cat
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks but we were on 2020.3 which wasn't due for decommissioning until 4 March 2021 - however it is unavailable today. How can we plan these things when the dates change?

We are not using MYOB on a network but do have multiple users accessing the online file. Is that a problem? My understanding is that the Server edition will go to automatic updates this year also, so I'm only delaying the inevitable if I spend more time getting everyone to install that version.

Thoughts?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Hi @Karen_E-cat 

With the AccountRight 2020.3 decommissioning we have approached the date with providing the hard date in which no users would be able to access AccountRight 2020.3. Due to the way decommissioning works, there is an earlier date (in this case 1st March) when those versions will not be able to access and would need to be upgraded. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by that date being communicated. Going forward, we do recommend upgrading to AccountRight 2021.1. for continuing access to your online company file. Getting the latest version would be able to assist with that process.

In terms of your enquiry relating to automatic updates, if you aren't set up for automatic updates with AccountRight 2021.1, you are welcome to install the AccountRight Server Edition of 2021.1. However, do note that updates for that edition will be moved to automatic updates later this year. See Which AccountRight installation should I choose? for more information on finding the recommendation installation for your requirement.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Karen_E-cat
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

So if there is an earlier date, I don't understand why this wasn't published. It's really as helpful as not publishing a date at all. 

In regards to upgrading, I didn't have a choice but to upgrade as we couldn't get access to our file. It wasn't something I had time to do today and the loss of productivity while it was done came at exactly the wrong time.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post