Re: Cannot open 2016.1 Account right files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User CarssPark
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi there, i have tried the hot fix tool and it did absolutely nothing. I have been without myob for two weeks now.  Is there an alternate solution?  Any advise would be really appreciated.

thanks heaps

8 REPLIES 8
Trusted User MatM
33 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

33Posts

51Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @CarssPark

There should be no issue with the windows .net frame work etc and AccountRight 2016.1.1 to my knowledge

What is the exact error message you are having when trying to open the program?

If you go to my.myob.com.au you should be able to download the latest version and that will definitely work regardless of windows 7/8/10 updates

Mat

7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Matt, thanks for replying.

Below is a screen shot of the error I get

MYOB error 2016.1.1.png

I first got the rror when using the 2015 version and then as per MYOB instructions, upgraded to 2016.1.1 and used the hot fix tool on the file.

Using the 2016.1.1 file worked for about a month and now I get the same error.  I have checked the windows updates (screen shot below) but do not seem to have the update that they refer to as having caused the issues

Windows updates.png

When I go to my.myob as you suggested, I actually did this on the last weekend and I uninstalled 2016 and then re-installed.  When going to it tonight to try and fix it that way again, I was signed in and on the page that says download your upgrade, I selected "downlod updraed" went to the next page and when I selected the "select product" list, there was no product!  This tells me that I must have the latest download, please tell me if I am wrong.  Thanks Matt, Sorry for long winded e-mail.

Regards

Lisa (CarssPark)

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi there @CarssPark,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Could you please try the following steps and let us know how you go?

1. Uninstall any Microsoft updates that you have installed that are listed on the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-035 - Important (under the Microsoft 10 heading).
  2. Uninstall your current version of AccountRight (just in case you have the old v2016.1 version installed)
  3. Install AccountRight v2016.1.1 (I've sent this to you via private message to ensure you're installing the correct version).
  4. Once installed, turn on and install all Windows security updates (after you've installed v2016.1.1)

Please do let us know how you go with that, and don't hesitate to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

As mentioned in a previous post I dont believe I have any of those updates installed.  I have added a screen shot of the updates per the installed updates window.  I am relatively new to windows 10 so if there is anywhere else I need to look please let me know.

Alternatively, should I just uninstall ALL the updates listed below and follow your steps from there?

If I do uninstall all the updates, will I get any other issues?

Thanks Tallie,

Regards

Lisa

Windows updates.png
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

Sorry I did see the update and have uninstalled it, downloaded the MYOB v2016 from your private message.

I managed to open the file, however when I closed MYOB I got the "Account Right has encountered an error and needs to close" message and then when trying to open the file again received the same message, per below.

Sorry, but it does not appear to have worked!

regards

Lisa

MYOB error 2016.1.1.png
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

I went through the entire process again and managed to get the file open.  When it opened there was an update to 2016.2 available so I have updated the software, upgraded the file (I had been working on a file at work with their software as they do not have windows 10 and so had no issues) which I had backed up from work and was able to get into the file, view some windows and then back up and close...all without an error message.  Will be working on the file on the weekend and so hopefully the solution has been fixed!

Thanks Talli

7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi all,

For anyone who may have the same issue, the new update to 2016.2 did not work.  Opened the file and received the same  "AccountRight has to close" message.  Have given up and decided to convert to MYOB essentials (may not have a much detail but I think it will suit our business and it is cheaper!).  If that is not suitable in the cooling off period may have to look elsewhere!

Thanks

Regards

Lisa

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,109 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,109Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @CarssPark

I'm  sorry to hear that AccountRight 2016.2 hasn't fixed that particular error message. However its great to hear that MYOB Essentials would be a better suit for your business and needs. 

Do let us know if you require further assistance with that particular program. I'm sure that the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post