13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Speed & Performance Of AccountRight 2021.8

I have been using MYOB since the 1990's and have been contemplating moving to Xero for sometime due to ongoing and unaddressed speed and performance issues with MYOB. Many people have complained about these issues but nothing ever changes.

I am following up on the following post that I started over 3 years ago regarding speed and performance issues with MYOB AccountRight 2018.3 subsquent to "upgrading" from the excellent MYOB v19 product:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Speed-amp-Performance-Of-AccountRight-2018...

I am currently running MYOB AccountRight 2021.8. There have been no speed and performance improvemements to the application since. Even empty screens that don't need to retrieve from a data source take up to 5 seconds to load. It takes about 20 seconds just to start the application and load the main screen. My computer is very fast and powerful and all of my data are housed locally. A well designed application should perform very well in this environment. Also the appliction is quite buggy and it often crashes.

Why is it that the MYOB experience has degraded so badly since the excellent v19 and users have had to pay steeply for the privilege of funding this "development"?

In the final post of the above thread, @Haydes stated the following:

"I'm currently involved in a project to help identify the key performance errors in AccountRight, this Project is designed around analysing the real-world data and systems and perform some benchmarking so that we can use this data when building future builds of the software."

I was invited to add my name to a list to participate in the project which I did but I was never contacted.

What was the outcome of this project in terms of identifying and resolving speed and performance issues?

Am I and others wasting their time continuing to enquire about these issues?

Is there any imperative on the part of MYOB to address speed and performance issues or is it destined to always perform as poorly as is does currently?

Can this be escalated to someone who can actually answer the questions rather than just receiving lip service?

2 REPLIES 2
someone
Trusted Cover User
109 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

109Posts

37Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Speed & Performance Of AccountRight 2021.8

@Matty72 wrote:

Am I and others wasting their time continuing to enquire about these issues?

Is there any imperative on the part of MYOB to address speed and performance issues or is it destined to always perform as poorly as is does currently?

Yes to both points, as I too have provided feedback, as well as technical info on how to improve the performance of the Compact SQL Database they are using.

The same reply is always provided by the moderators, that is "they are working on performance and stability".

Well I'll call BS on this response, as the only reason I found this post is that I have started having crashes (2021.7, yes I know that I will be told to upgrade, but then this brings other problems), so wanted to see if anyone else had similar experience.

someone
Trusted Cover User
109 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

109Posts

37Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Speed & Performance Of AccountRight 2021.8

For the convenience of anyone else that is interested, or comes across this thread, here is a post from back in 2019, where moderator @Theresa_D provides the standard "we are working on performance" response, but no details:

What's more interesting is that the links within this post, that provided technical details, are no longer accessible, even though there are posts in the forum from 2016 and 2015!

Here's one of the links, so you can see the thread/post subject: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Poor-Performance-and-SQL-Server-Compact-Da...

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post