GailO
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to confirm company file

Hi,

I am currently using Accounting Plus 18.5.  However, on opening the MYOB datafile, it is attempting to confirm the company file online, but it fails with the message 'unable to perform Online Confirmation' and now have less than 14 days to confirm.

I have had no problems in the past with confirming the datafile.

Can you please advise.

18 REPLIES 18
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,269 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29269Posts

3501Kudos

4303Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Unable to confirm company file

Hi @GailO

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

So we can assist further with the confirmation of your company file can you send me a private message on the Forum with your best contact number. 

You can send me a private message on the Forum by selecting my username i.e. @Steven_M and selecting Send a Message (right-hand side).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User FlossyFay
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
FlossyFay
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

sorry to piggy-back on this thread - but i am having the same issue. I could not confirm online and had to call. They are trying to make me upgrade, when I don't want to - even with a "Loyalty 30% Dicount"

It feels like i am being held to ransom - that if i dont upgrade then I am locked out of my own company file where i will be unable to use my programme.

We are a small business, we purchased MYOB as a single product so we didnt have to worry about subscriptions or any extra being paid. We do not want to pay anymore for an item that was working perfectly fine yesterday and that is working fine when you hit "confirm later" .... Surely if there was a major major problem then it wouldnt work full stop - but to be put on a time limit where they say it WILL NOT WORK is us being held to ransom! 

Running
Account Right Premiere V19.5
Using Multi Currency
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
464 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

464Posts

204Kudos

22Solutions

Below is the response I had on a previous thread when MYOB were saying they would not confirm files for older versions and then retracted after threats of a Class Action - if you have a perpetual licence then MYOB must continue to confirm regardless of other support. YOU DON'T HAVE TO UPGRADE! There are usually other alternatives that will allow you to cancel your subscription with MYOB and still be compliant with STP if you have payroll. You are welcome to send me a private message if you need further info.

Hi @Elizabeth_Adamson,

I'm sorry if my previous responses on this thread did not answer your query.

As you've seen in the responses from my NZ based team member, Steven, every client who has been in contact with us, regardless of their version, have been offered assistance with confirming their file.

As requested earlier, if you or any of your clients have any issues with confirming their files (regardless of the version) or have received an email from us on the matter, please contact our team directly or send me a private message with the account details. We can help to ensure that you are able to continue working.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
FlossyFay
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Elizabeth, 

I'll send Suja a message 

It's so bad the way they make you feel like the only way is to upgrade!

If I was a newcomer to MYOB, this would certainly me making me look else where for book keeping software.

Running
Using Multi Currency
GailO
2 Posts
User
Australia
GailO
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven.  I have sent you a PM yesterday. Will wait to hear from you. 

Community Manager Suja_P
5,752 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5752Posts

2054Kudos

471Solutions

Hi @FlossyFay,

Very sorry for the delay in getting back to your message. 

As quoted in Elizabeth's response, our team is here to help. While we do very strongly encourage clients to upgrade to new AccountRight, due to the many time saving and compliance benefits available in the new version, it is definitely your choice. Every client who has been in contact with us has been offered assistance with confirming their file. 

I've, therefore organised for one of our team members to be in contact with you to help ensure that you're back working on your file. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Did my answer help?

14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
FlossyFay
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Suja, 

I'm still awaiting a phone call - do you know when this will happen?

Running
Using Multi Currency
GNunn
2 Posts
User
Australia
GNunn
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have just had a phone conversation with MYOB customer support rep when I could not confirm my MYOB v18 online.  He said I need to upgrade to a new version for the fee of $840 or $70 per month for 12 months.  I am happy with the older version because we are a small business with no payroll.  I do not wish to upgrade.  Any software you buy should be yours to use as long as you wish (unless you buy it on subscription). 

I did not receive any notification that I was going to be locked out.  MYOB state that everyone was informed in advance of the requirement to upgrade.  I did not receive any emails or any phone calls about this.  

But what really concerns me is that I am now locked out of MYOB and cannot access my account data.  This is very questionable business practice by MYOB and most likely reportable to the ACCC.    You would think in light of the current Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Finance and Banking Sector that large corporations such as MYOB would be mindful of how they are perceived by their customers.  There and alternatives to MYOB and this type of behaviour will just drive customers away.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,600 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10600Posts

1183Kudos

1495Solutions

HI @GNunn

I do apologise for the experience that you have had, as it does sound like you have been given some incorrect information. I have made a slight change to your account to allow you to confirm your file for the foreseeable future. Please do try confirming your file again

As of 30 September 2019 our AccountRight classic range, which is AccountRight v19 and earlier will not be receiving any more updates. If you required updates, such as if you were using payroll, then you would need to upgrade to AccountRight 201X. That said if your current version was meeting your needs then you can certainly continue to use it.

If you have purchased the software outright at some point it is yours to use and continue using. We will not stop you from using your purchased program. Please note that your file will still need to be periodically confirmed

We do require all files to be confirmed periodically. In most cases this can be done online, however there may be cases where the online confirmation fails for some reason and confirming the file will require a call into our team.

Once again I do apologise for the experience, and have asked one of our team to reach out to you to discuss any further concerns that you have around this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post