Australia
ChrisR
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade company file

I am the owner and administrator of our software and have successfully upgraded our main company file, but when I try and upgrade a second company file, I am being asked for the administrator password.  I currently log in with my email address and there are no issues with inviting users etc.  Please advise.  Regards Chris

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
3,764 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

3764Posts

592Kudos

545Solutions

Re: Upgrade company file

Hi @ChrisR

I am assuming you are referring to this window:

temp.png

When Upgrading an older AccountRight file from v19 or below, this will prompt for the Administrator password as there is no email address logins for the older software and the only authentication was through the User ID's and the Administrator details.

So we would need the Administrator login details that were used in v19 to proceed, this is unrelated to your Email Address & password used in AccountRight Live.

A small note is that by default there is no password here and the Password is blank.

If you do not have the password, we can look into a paid password removal. Please send me your MYOB Serial Number via Private Message to look into this option.

You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

Experienced Cover User ChrisR
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ChrisR
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden,

I can now get to the next stage 3 "upload".  I have signed in but the next screen says "You need a subscription for each file you upgrade".  As I have had MYOB for years,  I was told I could upgrade multiple company files which is why we went with this version.  So how do I get past the "AccountRight Live Subscription required"?  Also, my Upgrade Assistant screen does not have the "Upgraded company file will be saved with the following details".  

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
3,764 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

3764Posts

592Kudos

545Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @ChrisR

This tends to appear when we are attempting to upload a file online without a free subscription.

With the v19 licences, they were allowing you to have multiple files. At this stage, there was no online ability for them. You are still able to retain these files in the new software as offline/local files.

If you are not looking at hosting all your files online we just need to tick a box at the beginning of the process to upgrade your files without putting it online. The details for this can be found in: Upgrade without putting your company file online

Please let me know if you're having any troubles or have any other questions.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post