Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrading 2019.2 to 2019.4 .myox file Offline

Hi

Trying to upgrade a 2019.2 .myox file to 2019.4.

When I click on Yes, Upgrade to 2019.4 and login it comes up with a 'Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close" message. When I click on View Error Details nothing happens.

When I click on Check For A Solution it takes me to the search box with the term "System.UnauthorizedAccessException", but doesn't find any results when I search.

I'm assuming it's because I'm offline. I thought I could click on the Upgrade Assistant and tick "I want to upgrade offline, even though I won't have access to key features", but that only seems to want to upgrade .myo files, not .myox files.

How do I upgrade please??

Many Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Ultimate User
2,911 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,911Posts

2,166Kudos

400Solutions

Re: Upgrading 2019.2 to 2019.4 .myox file Offline

Hi @Queries1234 

Don't use the Upgrade Assistant. That is for upgrading from v19 to AR2019.

What you need to do is first install AR2019.4 and then ensure you run AR2019.4 - use the new icon, not your old AR2019.2 icon. Once you have AR2019.4 running, try to open your company file. AR2019.4 will detect that this file is from an older version and will prompt you to upgrade the company file to AR2019.4 - agree and the company file will be upgraded. A copy of the AR2019.2 file will be left in your Library.

There are a few problems with the Upgrade process within MYOB. I suggest you ignore the invitation to upgrade from within AR2019.2. Instead download AR2019.4 from here or from your my.myob account.

There are some restrictions as to who can perform an upgrade of a company file. Logging in as Administrator will ensure you are authorised to upgrade it.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I've already downloaded 2019.4. When I click on the prompt to upgrade from within 2019.4 that is when I get the 'Accountright needs to Close' message

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,535 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,535Posts

101Kudos

126Solutions

Hi @Queries1234

Thank you for your post. When you receive the error message AccountRight needs to close, on the bottom left hand side of the box there will be an option for View error details. Can you please save the error log and attach it to this post so I can investigate ?

Additionally, when you open 2019.4 do you see your previous file under recently opened ? If so, can you click on the file to open it ? It should give you an upgrade message.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

As I mentioned in my first post there is no error log created when I click on View Error Details. Nothing happens at all when I click on it.

The Accountright Must Close error comes after I click on the upgrade request from within 2019.4, after I have click on the 2019.2 file I want to upgrade.

The 2019.2 file is a local file currently I don't know if that makes a difference?

MYOB Moderator
1,535 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,535Posts

101Kudos

126Solutions

Hi @Queries1234

Thank you for the information. Can you please attach the Diagnostic Log of the file, this is the background log file that keeps track of what the software is doing. I should be able to find further information within the attachment.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Diagnostic File now attached

look forward to hearing from you Melisa.

Thanks

Karen

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,535 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,535Posts

101Kudos

126Solutions

Hi @Queries1234

Thank you for the log, I have sent you a private message requesting your MYOB account details so I can investigate. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post