Windows 10 Upgrade and AccountRight - No company file?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User SharonE
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Windows 10 Upgrade and AccountRight - No company file?

Action required: Microsoft Security update & AccountRight  

Microsoft have released a Windows security update that is impacting numerous clients worldwide, and may prevent you accessing your AccountRight company files.

We have developed a solution to this issue. To maintain access to your company files, go to the Help menu and choose Confirm Company File. You will then be able to apply the Microsoft Windows security update.

*******************************************************************************************************************
This is the message I receive when I open AccountRight Online.

While working Offline, my computer decided to upgrade itself sometime during the night and now I can no longer open AccountRight except to open it Online and then I don't have an option to work Offline.  I'm terrified if I Synchronise I will lose all the data I have entered for the past month while struggling to reconcile bank accounts.

I am unable to Confirm Company File.  I click on Help and the Confirm Company File is grayed out.

I have downloaded the "Hotfix" and do not appear to have a Company File on my computer.  If I do, I don't know how to access it to drag and drop it to the Hotfix.

Users-Public-Public Documents-MYOB-AccountRight-2015.3

Users-Sharon-Documents-MYOB-AccountRight-2015.4

Users-Sharon-Documents-MYOB-My AccountRight Files-Samples

Please tell me if I should be looking somewhere else.

I have searched my entire computer for my Company File or a Library and they are nowhere to be found.

I have been reading through the previous posts and solutions and nothing has worked so far.

I am so totally and completely frustrated that I am ready to close the doors of my business and chuck the laptop in the trash.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Regards,
Sharon

20 REPLIES 20
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade and AccountRight - No company file?

Hi @SharonE

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

When you check out the company file, the local copy is not saved in the library. Its saved in a hidden location. Due to the fact that running the tool over the file changes the file its not the best thing to do it on an already checked out file.

I would recommend uninstalling the WIndows update in your case. As such would you mind confirming what version of Windows you are using so we can provide the recommend Windows updates to uninstall?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven....

I am running Windows 10 as indicated in the subject line. The most recent update to Windows 10 affected my AccountRight and I am no longer able to use AccountRight. I am also not able to check my file back in nor work either Online (read only mode) or Offline.

Thanks in advance for your help!

SharonE
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,311Posts

516Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SharonE,

To uninstall the recent Windows update installed on Windows 10, please go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Advanced options and select View your update history.

Then use the link below to identify and uninstall the KB that you need to remove for Windows 10, once done you shall be able to work on AccountRight as usual.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms16-035.asp

Once the above task is complete, if it's still showing you a Read Only online file when you open the company file, then please do locate the sync file(.myox file) in the following hidden folder:

C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline\.sync

Please copy and paste it to your desktop, launch AccountRight > Open a company file > Add a company file to My Library > add the desktop copy, then open this My Library file and make a backup. After that please use File > Open > Online > enter email address and password > right click on the online file showing on the right hand side > Cancel check out (discard changes), the file will become checked in again.

Please then open the online file > File > Restore > select the backup made > Restore file online with AccountRight Live to replace the online file with the up-to-date backup.

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover!,

Thank you for your reply.  I have followed your instructions re:  View Your Update History and then I get to this point:

Then use the link below to identify and uninstall the KB that you need to remove for Windows 10, once done you shall be able to work on AccountRight as usual.

When I go to this link, the only thing I can find that I think MIGHT be the KB # is 3141780.  However, this is not one of the numbers listed in my update history.  How can I remove the update if it isn't even listed?

I am getting more frustated by the minute, my business paperwork is getting further behind every day, and we are not making any progress!!!!!!!!!

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover!,

Thank you for your reply.  I have followed your instructions re:  View Your Update History and then I get to this point:

When I go to this link, the only thing I can find that I think MIGHT be the KB # is 3141780.  However, this is not one of the numbers listed in my update history.  How can I remove the update if it isn't even listed?

I am getting more frustated by the minute, my business paperwork is getting further behind every day, and we are not making any progress!!!!!!!!!

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CloverQ!

Your instructions indicate to uninstall the KB.

1.  How do you identify which update is the correct one to uninstall?

2.  How do you uninstall the KB?

Thank you!

SharonE

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,311Posts

516Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SharonE,

Generally speaking, if the security updates you've installed doesn't match the KB number on the list, you can uninstall all the updates occurred on 9 March and later to use AccountRight. To uninstall the KB simple right click on it > Uninstall.

We do have a good news for you, instead of having to removing the Windows updates or running the fix tool, our developers have just released AccountRight v2016.1.1, which addresses this issue. Since you are a cover user, you do have access to this update. All you need to do is download the installer from my.MYOB and install 2016.1.1, then you can use AccountRight as usual. 

For more information on v2016.1.1, please feel free to view this blog post: AccountRight 2016.1.1 (AU) is now available.

Please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Good morning CloverQ....

Last night I spent two hours searching for and finally uninstalled the only Windows update that successfully installed and that matched a number on the page that the link took me to.  Still no good.

This morning I found your message re:  v2016.1 and downloaded and installed(?).  I tried to open and could only sign in at A/R online. Still cannot Confirm Company File. Still cannot Check File Back In.

When I signed in to A/R online, the following message came up:

**********************************************************************************************

This file needs upgrading, but it's checked out.  Before you can open this file using 2016.1, you need to check in and upgrade the file.

However, the file is currently checked out to ........... on another computer, or under a different Windows user account on this computer.

Get ....... to check in the file.  Once it's checked in any AccountRight online administrator who opens the online file can upgrade it.

*********************************************************************************************

It is not going well at all.

Sharon

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,311Posts

516Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SharonE,

Thank you for the additional information, I didn't realise you were working on a checked out company file. 

I assume you are now using AccountRight 2016.1.1, if you launch AccountRight > Explore a sample company file, are you able to open any of the Clearwater sample files successfully? If you can then it means the Windows update issue is resolved, all you need to do is locate the offline file, and place the data online again.

The offline copy of your company file is stored in the following hidden folder:

C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline\.sync

If you cannot see the hidden folder AppData, please follow this instruction to show hidden files and folders. If you did check out the company file on a different computer, please search the offline file on that computer.

Inside the .sync folder, you shall find a .myox file with your business name, the date modified is the last time sync happened. Then please do the following:

- Copy and paste this offline file to desktop for now

- Launch AccountRight > Open a company file > Add a company file to this library > add the desktop copy

- Open the added file from My Library, and check if it contains all work done, if it does, make a backup.

- File > Open > Online > right click on the online file from the right hand side > Cancel check out(Discard changes)

- Restore a backup file > select the backup made > Restore it online with AccountRight Live. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post