Account right not sending all invoices via e-mail.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account right not sending all invoices via e-mail.

Every month after I send out our customer statements, I get a number of our customers ringing/emailing requesting copies of invoices that are listed on the statement but they have not received.

This appears random in that it does not happen to the same customers and not all of their invoices. It is usually one invoice out of several but can be 2-3 invoices a month. 

The customers are set to Invoice delivery, "to be emailed". When I check the invoice, the "already printed/sent" box is ticked. If I search "sent emails" for the invoice, it is not listed as being sent.

The bulk of our customers are set to receive e-mail invoices though there are the usual dozen or so who are still stuck in the 20th century.

our custom invoice for e-mail is called "arcinvoicebank", we are using Account right plus AU V2018.2.21.806 currently. Our file is hosted online, in the cloud.

Is there any way of knowing which & why MYOB is not sending certain invoices? I estimate it's approx 5% of our invoices not being sent, has been this way for months and I can't see any pattern to the invoices being missed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
2,573 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,573Posts

2,343Kudos

560Solutions

Re: Account right not sending all invoices via e-mail.

@welding86

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

What exactly is your procedure when creating the Invoice.

Do you "Record" the Invoice by clicking on the "Record" button at the bottom right or do you click on the "Send To" button at the top?

If you click on the "Record" button, that will NOT automatically send the email. It will place the invoice in the "To be emailed" section of the "Print /Email Invoice" window. You still need to go to Print / Email Invoices > To be emailed and actually check off the Invoices to be sent by email then click on "Send Email".

If you click on the "Send To" button then email at the top, then you will get a warning box up that says the Invoice will be recorded first. You then click ok and the "Email Information" widow opens and you then click on "Send" to send the email.

Either way you must create a procedure so that the same thing happens every time oterwise you will miss sending the occasional Invoice.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Virtually all of our invoices are recorded as a sale order at first. We do this so that they can be double checked to ensure the correct pricing, ordering of replacement stock, etc. 

They are then converted to a sales invoice and then I use the "print/email invoices"/"to be emailed", I then check about 10 at a time and then click "send email".

The only time we use the "send to/email" function when viewing an invoice is when a customer has requested a copy of an invoice they haven't recieved. 

Sending Invoices this way seems to work every time so it seems that the problem is with the print/email invoices/to be emailed function.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Ok, so I take it that is yet another unsolved bug with Account right then.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post