AccountRight 2019.1 Items List

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User RayJordan
134 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

134Posts

112Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2019.1 Items List

I'm looking at the Inventory List in AccountRight 2019.1, although the same issue appears in every version of AccountRight.MYOB since the introduction of the GST in 2000....

The Last Cost Incl. column shows the last cost including GST. The Sell Price column shows price excluding GST (no matter whether you tick the "Inclusive/Exclusive" checkbox on the Sales Details tab of the Item card.

Back to looking at the list - comparing cost including GST to sell price excluding GST is like comparing apples to oranges.

Some businesses might like to compare cost including GST to sell price including GST.

Our business is B2B, not retail, so it makes sense for us to compare cost excluding GST to sell price excluding GST.

I don't think anyone would get any value out of comparing cost including GST to sell price excluding GST.

Why is it like this? And why are those columns not user-definable? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Ray Jordan
3 REPLIES 3
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.1 Items List

This is the problem when you have programmers who understand how to code but not necessarily how accounting works. Or what sort of things a user may do that would expose bugs because a programmer doesn't think to process in the same way. The testing is really lacking and this is proving costly for users who become the guinea pigs for MYOB.

Cheers

Liz

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,018Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @RayJordan 

From what I can tell this was the case in Classic releases of MYOB as well, which indicates that this implementation was designed over a decade ago and I'd say it's safe to assume that those designers/developers are are no longer with the company.

I can only speculate to the reasoning behind it which I'd like to avoid as I can't confirm if it's true or not and I can't provide you a good answer here. However I can tell you why 20xx.x has it, during implementation there was a lot of functions that were specifically outlined to make sure to try matching to the behaviour of the Classic sofware, these fields would be apart of it.

I agree that this could end up being too confusing for those who compare those fields like your business does. This is something I've drafted up and sent to the right Dev Crew to take a look at for a future iteration of MYOB so that this can do what the Users require of it.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User RayJordan
134 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

134Posts

112Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Hayden.

We have now fully migrated to AR2019.1 and abandoned AR19.15 (primarily because of STP).

I migrated my own file offline (thanks to the suggestion from Andrew_Stephen). No errors. So I don't know what the problem was when your Migration Team failed to migrate my file (twice) using the online method.

We are still discovering (or rediscovering) bugs and anomalies in AR2019.1 that your Quality Team are not picking up. I will continue to post them in separate threads.

MYOB should not be relying on customers to be providing QA for its products. I thought that should be included in an annual subscription.

Ray Jordan
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post