Applying payment to an invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User JayA
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Applying payment to an invoice

First: I am using AccountRight Enterprise v19.9 - So this may have been fixed but because MYOB haven't done any updates to the program for 2-3 years apart from compliance updates, then I wouldn't know!

If you have an order and the customer comes in to collect the goods and pay for it, you may want to do an add on sale and maybe sell them an extra cable with their microphone.

You turn the order for their microphone into an invoice, add the cable then click 'Payment'

The issue arises where this payment screen now shows only the value of the microphone and not the new total of the microphone and cable.

Recording the invoice, then opening it back up and then clicking payment gets around this - but this is meant to be an enterprise application and its a lot of time wasted doing this in a retail environment.

Last of all - when you do apply the payment to the invoice and you drop back to the invoice screen, when you go to record the invoice, an error box pops up saying: ‘Another user has changed this invoice’ – On top of all this, it displays the error message twice.

Can we get those few things fixed up please!?!?

Jay

Jay
3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Matthew_W
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

2,173Posts

1,839Kudos

180Solutions

Status changed to: Already in product

Thank you for your feedback. This payment feature has been updated in AccountRight Live so will carry across when the Live version of your program is released. In AccountRight v19 your changes are not saved until you record them, so for the new item added in you have two options, you could add it to the Order before you convert it to an Invoice, or you could use Record to save your changes to the Invoice before you go to receive payments. The message of another user editing the transaction will appear if another user has viewed this transaction while you were editing it, this means that AccountRight must get a new copy of the transaction so cannot save your changes, this prevents data corruption in your file so is not something we would be able to remove from the v19 program.

Kind regards,

Matthew
MYOB Client Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Experienced Cover User JayA
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Applying payment to an invoice

Matthew >> The message of another user editing the transaction will appear if another user has viewed this transaction while you were editing it, this means that AccountRight must get a new copy of the transaction so cannot save your changes, this prevents data corruption in your file so is not something we would be able to remove from the v19 program.

Yes this is correct, however if you open up V19, you will find that it ALSO happens by error when you apply a payment to an invoice by clicking the 'payment' button on the invoice screen.

I dont think this should be doing this since I am the one who applied the payment and no other user has opened or changed the invoice.

Also - even though this error comes up (twice) it still allows you to save the record, so your last comment about not being able to save the changes isn't quite correct.

Jay
Community Manager Suja_P
5,885 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,885Posts

2,150Kudos

476Solutions

Re: Applying payment to an invoice

Thank you for the update, @JayA 

In order to get a better understanding of the issue, could you please give us details of the steps that you take, that results in the error message?

I've tried with both a Service as well as an Item layout invoice, where I started with an Order, then changed the Order to an Invoice >> Added an extra line >> Hit the Payment button (before Recording the Invoice). 

Since the Receive Payment screen did not show the new line added to the converted Invoice, I went back to the Invoice from the Windows menu >> New Sales window (before applying payments) and Record that Invoice.

Once done, the Receive Payments window (that had not yet been closed) shows the amount due as the updated amount with the additional information.

Please let us know if this is not the case for you.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post