Bank Feeds - out of balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
TanyaMaree
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds - out of balance

Hi,

Just wondering why the bank feed is showing this amount out of balance, when I have reconciled the accounts up to the 30/09/2018, having triple checked them to ensure there are no variants between the balances of both MYOB and the bank statement, as well as undoing the reconciliation, and re-reconciling to see if it was some sort of glitch, but to no avail.
As you can see, there are no current transactions to process either.

The running balance in the bank register shows the correct figure for that of the current bank balance, and I'm lost as to how to correct/clear this out of balance ghost figure.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Tanya.Bank Feed.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,708 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,708Posts

4,372Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds - out of balance

Hi @TanyaMaree

Our Help Article: Resolving out of balances bank reconciliations would be able to assist with resolving that out of balance. Generally, it is a case of checking the current reconciliation and previous reconciliations to see if they still balance and investigating that out of balance. 

Do note that ideally you should investigate all out of balances via the Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window and through the Reconciliation reports.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TanyaMaree
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M,

Upon undoing all the approved transactions in bank feeds, and re-approving them in hopes to find the discrepancy, I have noticed that there are two transactions that add up to the "out of balance" figure when awaiting approval, and upon approving either one, or both of them, the out of balance figure doesn't change.

I have attached photos to show this.capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

TanyaMaree
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Update:

Upon shutting down MYOB, and restarting it, the problem seems to have corrected itself, and is no longer showing an out of balance figure.
So I'm assuming it was some sort of glitch in the system, proving to be a time wasting inconvenience. 

I appreciate that you attempted to help me resolve this problem @Steven_M

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post