MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Changing an Employees Card whilst in payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Shay21
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Shay21
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Changing an Employees Card whilst in payroll

when I am in the middle of running a payroll, if I go to an employee card to add an allowance or deduction or change something in their card, why does it not show up in the payroll window.  I have to cancel the whole payroll run and restart it or untick and skip that employee and then run their payroll seperately. Surely if I just go out of their pay window and reopen it the new settings should be there.  This is very frustrating

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,600 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10600Posts

1183Kudos

1494Solutions

Re: Changing an Employees Card whilst in payroll

Hi @Shay21

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

When you start a new pay run, AccountRight takes the employee cards and the associated payroll categories as they are at that point in time to run the payroll. If you save the pay run and leave the payroll or make changes to the file that impact the payroll, these changes are not reflected in the saved payrun until a new payrun is started.

If you did need to add a wage category to an employee; I’d recommend, if it at all possible, to add that wage category prior to starting the payrun. This will ensure that not only will you not have to go back and forth, but that all of those wage categories are already on the payrun to be used.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shay21
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Shay21
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Neil_M 

I know how it works and it is very frustrating.   I should be able to add things in during a payrun. 

In other software I use (ie Reckon) I can just save or pause where I am up to in the payrun, make a change in the card file and then continue.  It is frustrating that I can't do it in MYOB. 

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,033 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2033Posts

1980Kudos

441Solutions

@Shay21

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

If you are using the AccountRight 20XX versions you can add a payroll categories while in the Process Payroll wizard.

When you drill down into an employees pay at the top there is a Add Payroll Category. Click on that and you can add a payroll category for that payrun.

add payroll category.PNG

If you want it to pe a permantant change then after the payrun is done go to the employee card and make sure it is added in the Payroll Details tab.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post