Contributing Cover User Matt_Whitmarsh
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Changing which custom form is used on an invoice

Hi there, I use custom forms for my invoices. Up until recently I only had only one custom form that I used for all customers. However, I have had to set up a second form for a specific client who had different requirements for the information they wanted to see on the invoice. I have set the new custom form as the default for this client. This worked perfectly the first month I used it, but this month the invoice for this client reverted to my standard form. So I have a couple of questions:

• How do I change the form used on the invoice?
  • Is there a way to tell which form has been used, other than by printing it to see what comes out?
2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,403Kudos

4,777Solutions

Re: Changing which custom form is used on an invoice

Hi @Matt_Whitmarsh 

AccountRight allows the user to set a default form used on a customer's card. This is set in the Selling Details tab>>Printed Form on the customer's card.  Don't have a printed form option? You need to ensure that you have Sales layout selected for the card.

The printed form is the default form used by the Enter Sales window for transactions recorded to that customer's card. For example, it is the form that listed in the Print drop down, the default form set as the Selected Form in the Send to Email window and will be the form used when Send to Disk.

Should you decide to print or email the invoice via the Print/Email invoices window then the system will use the form that is set in the Advanced Filters>>Selected Form for sale option. This Advanced Filters form will override the one listed on the customer's card.

In your case, I would set the Printed Form for that customer on their customer's card. Whenever you print/email an invoice for that customer navigate to the relevant transaction and use the Print or Send to Function to produce that transaction. Other customers you could use the Edit Sales window or the Print/Email invoices window - ensuring that the form is set correctly in the Advanced filters.

Our Help Article: Set the default forms to use when emailing or printing has more information on that topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Matt_Whitmarsh
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Changing which custom form is used on an invoice

Hi Steven_M,

Thanks for your reply. I have already set the correct custom invoice form as the default on the customer's card, and that worked fine the first time I charge an invoice against this customer, but this month, the invoice for them has reverted to the one I use for all other customers to spite the modified one still being set as their default.

I alwasy just use the 'enter sale' process for invoices, so will have to try some of the other functions you've suggested. It would be much easier if you could choose the form to use actually in the 'enter sales' window wouldn't it?

Regards

Matt

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post