Customer overpayment was refunded - bank does not reconcile now

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Rahelstueck
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer overpayment was refunded - bank does not reconcile now

Hello,

one of our customers recently overpaid us. 
I recorded the overpayment, a credit was then automatically created. We returned the funds manually through online banking and when the transaction came through our bank feed, it was automatically matched against the credit. 

I am now reconciling our bank account and it is exactly out by the amount of the overpayment. It seems as there was no transaction created that we returned the funds. Have I missed a step? 

Kindly,

Rahel

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Customer overpayment was refunded - bank does not reconcile now

Hi @Rahelstueck 

With an overpayment in AccountRight, you would generally increase the amount applied to an invoice when making the Recieve Payments transaction. This does result in a credit note that will be generated. If you were to issue a refund for that transaction you would go into the Sales Register>>Returns and Credits>>Select the required credit note and select Pay a Refund. For bank feeds you would match the deposit (overpayment transaction) with the Recieve Payment transaction and that withdraw with the Settle Returns and Credits transaction i.e. the refund payment (that will not automatically match in AccountRight).

If you are finding an out of balance of your bank reconciliation that could relate to those transactions I would recommend navigating to the Bank Register to ensure that those transactions are listed for that main bank account on the correct/similar days. If you are still having that out of balance, I would be looking into Help Article: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post