Deposit to supplier

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User
Malaysia
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deposit to supplier

Hi there,

I'm using myob v.21. I made a prepayment to the supplier but we haven't received invoice from supplier yet.

So the transaction will effect deposit and prepayment. When i run report for supplier aging, it does not reflect that payment has been made. The due amount to supplier show the actual amount as invoice we received from supplier.

My question, how to allocate the payment to the actual invoice when im received the invoice from supplier? so that it will show payments has been made in aging report. Please help.....thank you so much.Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,340Solutions

Re: Deposit to supplier

Hi @HAR

I see you are posting from Malaysia, while we welcome your contribution to this MYOB Community Forum its primary aim is supporting the Australian and New Zealand based MYOB Programs. If you are using a different countries program you might need to speak to your software provider for your region - for Malaysia this is MYOB Malaysia

In terms of the New Zealand and Australian based AccountRight program you would record a deposit to a Supplier via applying a payment to a closed bills or a zero dollar bill using the Purchases>>Pay Bills window. By doing this it will generate a debit note, can be seen in the Purchases>>Purchase Register>>Returns and Debits tab, to which you can apply to an Bill when it comes in OR receive a refund on it if required.  Help Article: Settling supplier debits would be able to assist with that Returns and Debit process. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post