MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Employee Entitlements

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User Barkel
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Barkel
Experienced Cover User

68Posts

130Kudos

0Solutions

Employee Entitlements

When you terminate an employee you are warned that their entitlements will be deleted... HOWEVER when you print an entitlement report their OPENING  balance still remains and therefore forms part of the calculation of entitlements owing.  The only "work around" is to also make the card "INACTIVE" at the same time of terminating an employee and then change the default filter on the entitlement report to exclude inactive cards.

Therefore terminating an employee is now a 2 step process ie enter their termination date AND also make the card inactive AND  then remember to change the filters to EXCLUDE inactive cards (NB This should be the defaull setting with an option to INCLUDE inactive cards for whatever reason you might want to do that)

I would also like to know the effect of INACTIVATING EMPLOYEE cards prior to the end of the payroll year in relation to Super / Payment Summaries and other reports etc. 

I think this is something that MYOB needs to address ASAP given EOFY is only 4 days away! and this report is a crucial report to have on record for proper processing of payroll and appropriate record keeping.

2 REPLIES 2
FWFJo
1 Post
Cover User
FWFJo
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Employee Entitlements

Hi I can see no response has been written for this. Could you please provide a response as I am also having this issue.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Barry_C
2,948 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Barry_C
MYOB Moderator

2948Posts

1675Kudos

285Solutions

Re: Employee Entitlements

Hi Barkel and FWFJo,

Thanks for your idea.  I can confirm this issue has been raised and reported to our Developers to be fixed in a later release.  As Barkel mentioned, the best work around currently would be to mark the cards as inactive and customise the report to show Inactive cards.

Kind Regards

Barry
MYOB Client Support

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post