Exporting Monthly Sales to Excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User SuperJohn
21 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Exporting Monthly Sales to Excel

When we used V19, each month we were able to export the following fields: Co./Last Name, Invoice No., Date, Customer PO, Quantity, Description, Price, Total and Inc-GST Total and the resulting TXT file was easily opened in Excel without any errors.

Now, using Cloud based AccountRight, many of the records are placed in the wrong column, e.g. Descriptions in the Co./Last Name column, Price in the Invoice No. column and Total in the Date column. The Description column also has \r\n instead of providing the data being place in a new cell below. I have solved the \r\n problem with Find/Replace using Ctrl Shift J in Replace with. However, with over 1,000 rows of Excel data, I still have to visually check every row for errors. It doesn't matter whether I specify Tab or Comma delimiting. New versions of programs are supposed to make life easier, not more difficult. I can find no report under the Sales Report menu that provides the information in the form that I need. Samples of initial AccountRight export file and resulting Excel date are attached. 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Exporting Monthly Sales to Excel

Hi @SuperJohn

Looking at the files you have uploaded it looks like that you have added an Enter of the descriptions (of your items). This has caused the export file to think that those are on a separate line and thus a separate line on the export.

I would be going into the relevant items and in the description field, selecting CTRL + A (to select all the records) and then selecting DEL to delete all that information. You would then need to retype that item description without any enters in the date i.e. you seem to have  the following currently:

A5 Itinerary Booklets - April 28pp Cover -Colour 1 side B/W reverse 250 gsm statin
Insides - Colour on 2 sides 127 gsm satin

Enter this as:

A5 Itinerary Booklets - April 28pp Cover -Colour 1 side B/W reverse 250 gsm statin Insides - Colour on 2 sides 127 gsm satin

Just taking a look at some of the other item descriptions, you might find that others have the same problem. Although, they have a comma in them. You could try adding a comma to the above description to see how that affects the export, however, I would be removing those enters from the Item description.

Note: you would need to delete the transaction and re-enter it or use that item again on another invoice for it to show the updated changes.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User SuperJohn
21 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven for your prompt response. Unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. When we enter an order, we print out the order as a job sheet so we need separate lines for different aspects of the job thus the need for separate lines. The export to Excel is a seperate excercise that we do each month to  an Excel Sales History file going back some 10 years as a quick and effective way of repeating an old sale that a customer wants to repeat, e.g. an order they placed in 2012! We just copy and paste from Excel into a new MYOB Order and it works fine. Exporting from AccountRight Premier V19 worked fine. MYOB have changed something in how it produces the export file as we now have these problems. Also, your response doesn't answer the question as to why some data is appearing in the wrong columns. The attached sample Excel file shows the two results from the old and new AccountRight versions. With 600 to 700 hundred invoices per month, we need to be able to do this export as cleanly as possible. I do appreciate that you have at least tried to help me. Cheers. John

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SuperJohn

A change has been made to the way AccountRight 2018 will produce that export when a user does have carriage returns and line feeds in their data such as description. This will mean that the export will appear differently than previous versions. To my knowledge, we are not actively looking into updating the AccountRight 2018 to follow the AccountRight Classic range to exclude those unique characters, however, it may be something that we do look into for the following.

In terms of why it does appear on a new line, without seeing an export of the raw item data it is hard to tell what exactly is occurring. I would assume that the carriage return is affecting that line thus deeming it to be a separate line of the export which in turn will generate a separate line for the export. Recreating those item descriptions, as mentioned above, in theory, should resolve that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post