Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
April 2018 - last edited April 2018 by Neil_M
I have numerous customers where MYOB says in their Card 5-6 digit numbers of average days to pay. How can I fix this?
Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge
We are aware that certain cards can show a random six digit number as the average days to pay. Generally, this is caused by recording an empty invoice and adding an amount after it has been recorded. This situation has been passed onto the required team to investigate further for a future version.
In your case, you mentioned it was 5-6 digit number I wonder if you have got the same situation. The way to check and a potential workaround to the issue would be to run the Customer Payments [Closed Invoices] report (Reports>>Sales>>Customer). You will want to run that report just that one customer for an extended date range. This report will show the Days Until Paid for each invoice.
I would be first looking for any anomalies i.e. really large Days Until Paid. If there is an anomaly this could be causing that average days to paid value to be unusually high. If you have no anomalies it sounds like you are affected by that issue and you could look at the Total line on that Customer Payments [Closed Invoice] report which will show you the average days to pay (last value for that line). Although, it may be inaccurate due to the error and as such, I would be looking at sending that report through to Excel to use the average function.
I have the same issue. One customer has an average days to pay of 38777 days, yet when I manually run the report it's actually 12 days as the average at the bottom of the report, and none of the figures look out of whack.
It does sound like you have been affected by the known issue and the card value is showing in the incorrect days to pay. As mentioned, generally this is caused by creating a zero dollar invoice and then adding an amount in after it has been recorded.
My recommendation, for clients that are affected and would like to find out the average days to pay would be to run the Customer Payments [Closed Invoices] report and manually calculate or send the report to Excel to get that average. This is a workaround until that potential situation can be addressed - at this stage, we don't have a release date on when that will be.
I am also experiencing this issue. One customer has 20K average days to pay (really it is 12) and another has 10K (really it is 17).
Is is frustrating because when I first encountered this and searched for a solution the response on this forum was "use the Customer Payments report as a workaround". That was 3 years ago in 2015.
What about if for those customers where this issue exists - just make that field "Average Days to Pay" = the same output as on the Customer Payments report. If that report can calculate it correctly despite the known issue, why can't the card field calculate it correctly?
While I do agree with you having the average days to pay being pulled from the Customer Payments [Closed Invoices] report would be ideal, currently that card field will not pull that information. As a result, some clients may experience a large number for the average days to pay. At this stage, this is something that we are still investigating the root cause of and adding a correction of those incorrect cards. In saying that I have shared your comments with the team.
The workaround we have now put in place is to re-create the customer card. We renamed the customer card to include the words OLD and then recreated a new customer card with the customers name. That way whatever buggy issue is causing the incorrect average days to pay doesnt follow through to the new customer card. Obviously not ideal as you lose all the customer history which remains with the old buggy card.
Maybe have a program that can be run by an Administer to be able to reset these figures should an anomaly happen. MYOB seems to be very "buggy" with these sorts of things that we, as customers, rely on.
Having these features that are wrong is worse than not having the feature at all...