34 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

34Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Inefficiencies and inconsistent software behaviour when entering data

Since moving to AccountRight Premium from v19, I find that I have to click fields 3 times before the curser goes in and I can actually enter anything. This is really inefficient and needs to be fixed. One click should get into a field, like with every other program and website.

Additionally, the software behaves inconsistently when clicking into a field. Sometimes it sets the curser somewhere in the field, and sometimes it highlights all the data in the field. This means I always have to check what it has done before entering data. In v19, it would always highlight the data in the field, so that, if I was entering an amount received, for example, I could just click the field an write the amount. This was much better and quicker. Please change this back to highlighting the data. I can always set the curser afterwards, if that's what I want, but it needs to behave consistently.

Another thing that worked well in v19 was that I was able to select the payment method by hitting the first letter of it's name. It would then put in the first one starting with that letter, which I had set up to be the most commonly used ones. Now it always brings up the drop-down menu and I have to select it manually. Just another thing that takes extra time.

Thanks,

Annette

7 REPLIES 7
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
155 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

155Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Inefficiencies and inconsistent software behaviour when entering data

I agree completely. The change in methodology has slowed down my processing time considerably and added to the appalling lack of speed, the few clients I have on the new version are being charged a lot more by me when I work for them.

Cheers

Robert 

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Acu-ease 

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry to hear that you have been having frustrations with the behavior of field entry navigation.  Just to ensure that I can get a clear idea of your grievances, are you able to give a bit more detail about which types of fields you are referring to and in which windows so I can pass along the appropriate feedback to relevant teams please?

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback and value all suggestions by our users

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted User Acu-ease
34 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

34Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply. Here are some examples:

Receive payments window: Sometimes takes 3 clicks into Amount Applied field to apply payment.

Sales window: Customer field and Paid Today field: Sometimes sets cursor and sometimes highlights all data in the field.

I'll add more as I come across it.

Thanks,

Annette

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Andrew_Y 

Completly agree with @Acu-ease  and @Robert_Mitchell 

These frustions are just a couple examples faced by users coming across from Legacy to AR20xx

Being a MYOB user since 1999 and knowing the software inside out,  I am wasting 5+ hours week due to the inefficiencies, bugs and other issues with ARxx line of products.   Biggest regret was moving from Premier V19 to 2018.4.1 (now 2019.2.1)

Andrew

Trusted User Acu-ease
34 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

34Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Here are some more examples:

• Purchases window: 3 clicks to start a new line for items bought.
  • Reports: The filters, especially date range, should be available before opening any report. It takes twice as long when MYOB runs the standard report first, and then you have to run it again after setting the filters, especially as it's much slower to generate reports than v19 was.
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Acu-ease 

Thank you for those examples.  I do understand that it can be a frustration adjusting to different workflows after being familiarised with a long standing product such as v19.  As 2019 AccountRight and v19 are built differently there are things that v19 can do that 2019 cannot, and vice versa, and we do try to keep as much as possible familiar for our longtime users, and unfortunately some things will change.

Nonetheless, I do thank you for taking the time making these points and I will share your feedback with the required teams.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted User Acu-ease
34 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

34Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew

I don't think that the different backend build of the software is a reasonable excuse for it being worse than it was 10+ years ago. If it was able to work flawlessly then, it should be able to do the same today, especially considering that we've had lots of advances in technology since. MYOB will have to lift it's game to stay competitive, or risk losing customers to other software providers.

Kind regards,

Annette

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post