Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Linked account for purchases - tracking deposits paid to suppliers

Hi, somehow our linked accounts have been changed and I am trying to re-set them.  Everything seems pretty obvious but I just want to check that if "I track deposits paid to suppliers" is ticked, that the linked account is Trade Creditors? I tried leaving that unticked but it won't then let me receipt a deposit payment to a supplier. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,405 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,405Posts

2,210Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Linked account for purchases - tracking deposits paid to suppliers

@MareeD1 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

If you are using "I track deposits made to Suppliers" then the linked account should NOT be Trade Creditors.

I should be an ASSET account called something like Supplier Deposits and it should be a bank type account.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Experienced Cover User MareeD1
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Graeme,  I actually don't want to track the deposits and have them allcoated to a separate account, but if I leave that unticked when I make a payment to a supplier and its not the full payment, I get a message saying that I have to select an account for it to be allcoated to.  How do I get around that if I don't want to track the deposits?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,266 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,266Posts

4,283Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MareeD1 

When you make a payment on a purchase order that payment is treated as a deposit to the supplier. As such, you do need to have a linked accounts for I track deposits paid to supplier  - Asset Account for Supplier Deposits. Normally, that you would be a separate account like Deposits with suppliers.

If you are not wishing to select that account/use deposits for suppliers you would need to convert that purchase order into a Bill before going to the Pay Bills window. This can be done by opening that purchase from the Purchase Register and selecting Bill to convert it. Once you are using a Bill, that Pay Bills transaction would not be treated as a deposit and thus that prompt to select a linked account would not appear.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User MareeD1
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply, that makes sense now.  I only have to convert to a bill rather than an order and I won't get that message.

I appreciate your help.

Maree

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post